My 1st Hub - Suggestions?

1. niner profile image61
    ninerposted 6 years ago

I would really appreciate it if anyone could read my 1st hub - "5 Lessons from a 1st Time Shiba Inu Owner" - and give me some suggestions!  I'd like my future hubs to be as easy to read, enjoyable, and relevant as possible, so feedback is really important.

Thanks in advance! smile

2. Starfishfelix profile image73
    Starfishfelixposted 6 years ago

The hub looks good!  Interesting and well written.  Perhaps you could add a bit about the breed's history.  You mentioned it and I looked it up (Go Wikipedia!).  I wasn't familiar with the breed before, but they have a very interesting history.

3. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Nicely written, good little article.   You will do well to heed the advice of Starfish felix, this hub will do well and should have more content.

Problems:   first photo is in the wrong place for adsense ads.  Place it below the first hub, this opens the prime real estate to ads.   This is an important principle to follow for revenue.

Second, there are a few little problems with editing, although not horrible, they detract from the reader experience.  Carefully read every word and make corrections.   For example, "my boyfriend I decided we were ready for a puppy."   I know you will see what is wrong with this when you re-read it.  It is in your very first sentence.   This little error sets the reader up to look for problems.   

Consider some tags that are more generic and still related to the subject such as obedience training, kennel training, etc.  Most people are not going to type in Shiba Inu, use keywords and tags that lead dog fanciers to your page.   Use the keyword tool to come up with some suggestions.

Welcome and congratulations on a great start.