jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why deleting a hub is not always a good idea

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have considered deleting some of my hubs that get 0 traffic. I have one that I wrote in my early days of trying to figure out keyword research and all that jazz. It got like 3 hits in the space of a year it would seem, all from folks here who do read most of my stuff cause they are cool like that cool (way supportive hubbers who have made this site the site I love so much)

Anyway this hub that NEVER gets traffic yesterday had its first visitor from off site (I think anyway) and that person actually clicked an ad worth £1.67. Now that may not be much moolah but if I had deleted the hub I would never have gotten that click. If it manages to do that a few times over its life here at HP well it isn't like it was a total waste of time and I am not going to delete it now! I don't think there is much I can do to improve it, the topic is way to competitive to be worth additional work but hey it is possible for one of my worst preforming hubs to make some cash. Lesson learned me thinks wink

2. kids-toy-box profile image55
    kids-toy-boxposted 6 years ago

I agree..no matter how low the traffic is. If you invetsed time in creating the hub keep it. I once wrote about Taj Mahal Lego-was recieving 0 views until the day David Bekham revealed he's building a Lego Taj Mahal...this sent a surge in sales of the product and my hub increased traffic overnight.Its always worthwhile keeping content you never know when it may become trendy.

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is crazy cool! You must have been walking on air that day lol
      I know I would be!

1. kids-toy-box profile image55
        kids-toy-boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yep..was crazy cool..and valuable lesson learnt all hubs are vauluable...some just more than others but this can change overnight:)

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

That is a brilliant story Kirstenblog! It is true then that if the visitor doesn't find what he is looking for (and let's face it, if we don't like a hub we have written, chances are the visitor won't either) they may exit your hub by clicking on an advert.
    Too late for me. Months ago I deleted two of my worst hubs (again early ones) and didn't realise that you lose the hubviews they accumulated too which was quite a setback at the time seeing as I didn't have many views in total.
    Message is then, don't delete even if you can't improve. I've just completely rewritten an early hub that has a terrible URL but I've since learned the url is of little consequence. Content and title are much more important.

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Izzy - I think we all probably cringe at at least one of our first ever hubs lol
      I just think that a low preforming isn't all that bad, I mean I have a few (lots!) that don't preform all that well but my hub score is pretty darned decent so no harm there. I just realised today when I logged in to check earnings that I would have never even known that this crappy crappy hub of mine could earn if I had deleted it smile

I was trying to hard at that time I think. Going for keywords without really realizing the topic was to competitive, all this stuff is a steep learning curve ain't it smile

4. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

If tempted to delete it can be a good idea to 'unpublish' while you think it through or decide to edit the hub. and I have had hubs climb in Hubscore while unpublished.

Thanks kirstenblog for sharing this, it is good to read other peoples experiences of hubbing. Some days I am tempted to delete, which is why I now make myself take thinking time over the decision.