jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Video Collection Hubs

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I see many hubs with just photos, hardly any words, then moan about them in the forums, so before anyone points out the irony of my question, I am already aware thanks....but...

Is there any reason for me not to create a hub that is actually a collection of YouTube videos?

Here is my thinking - My sons love watching YouTube videos with me - cute stuff like kittens playing, some f1 clips, planes taking off etc etc.

Before I let them sit with me I check all the videos first to check they are appropriate.

So I was thinking of making a few collections and putting them on hubs - so I can bring up a HubPage and tell them OK - you can watch each video on this page and that's it (otherwise they would watch them all day long).

Would a video only hub get banned-I could pull together maybe 200 words by way of an intro to put on the page, plus an RSS feed to other similar hubs, some links to kids toy hubs.

Sensible answers only, not a lynching about my parenting, Ta.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't get the point in censuring the replies. Whether such hubs are good for HubPages is relevant for answering your question. For example, the TOS specifically prohibit hubs targeted at young children.

2. Spacey Gracey profile image74

But that is a sensible reply - I meant all the holier than thou forum trolls that would delight in bemoaning my lax parenting by letting sprogs sit in front of a computer.

I'll check out the TOS again and see what the wording is.

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too much tv and computers is bad for children...naughty naughty! big_smile

Seriously though, you can do this I'm sure, personal videos may not get much traffic, but that maybe not what you want, but I would do a introduction of some sort, just to be sure with video titles and stuff.

Been considering this myself, as I am running out of space on my computers and flash drives!

3. Spacey Gracey profile image74

Wayne - that is exactly my point - I am so fed up of bookmarking them, then not being very organised and unable to find them again - or cheeky monkey sees the recommended videos down the right hand side and nags to watch those, but I don't want him to because I haven't checked them yet. So I thought a few hubs, each with a different theme would make my life easier, and some other video-fans might appreciate it too.

4. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

I have several hubs that sound similar to what you are proposing, such as my Hottest Dancers in Hollywood hub, and I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about the idea. I do my best to keep it fair use by including commentary.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image74

Thanks Kerry - I just checked out your hub - it looks good and exactly what I am talking about. I can definitely add some commentary about each video so it won't be totally devoid of words.

6. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

With the commentary added, I think this could be fine!  If you want to even try to make these more attractive from a search engine standpoint, you could package and title these as Parent-Approved Funny YouTube Videos for 7-Year-Olds or something that parents such as yourself would be searching for.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image74

Brilliant - thanks so much Simone.

I started putting together, then got distracted with some great racing clips (no-one injured) so I will finish that hub, then crack on with something cuter.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.