still more questions re hubscore

1. anish92 profile image74
    anish92posted 5 years ago

When I checked the faqs it looks as if hubscore is assigned to individual hubs. This is clear enough.
    But the no. in a black on white sq in the bottom right corner of my profile also reads "hubscore". This score is greater than the hs of all my hub hubscores. So it can't be a mean. So what does it signify?
    Which hubscore is more important?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are asking about the number that shows up on the avatar image associated with your profile, that's your "hubber score."  It's a score that reflects a number of factors.  The exact algorithms used to compute them are sort of mysterious and nobody can really pin it down well enough to control their scores, but it has to do with factors that seem to be linked to but are not limited to: the scores of your hubs themselves, the traffic your hubs are generating, the types of traffic your hubs are getting, the quality of your hubs, your participation in forums, your reading and commenting on other hubs, and probably lots of stuff I'm totally missing.

Best advice for getting a high hubber score is just write the highest quality hubs you can.  If you do, that number will take care of itself.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It is confusing, no doubt.

"HubScore" is the score for individual hubs. If it falls below 40, the outbound links on that hub become "no-follow."

"hubscore," as shown on the upper right corner on your profile page, is your author score. If it falls below 75, all outbound links become "no-follow." (More accurate terminology: Hubber Score or Author Score).

Apart from this, the scores are really not that important. They may give you some indication of quality, but are nothing to be very concerned about.

About scores for hubs:

About author score, see under "ranking": … -rankings/