jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Does this count as a click on an ad?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Recently there have been a lot of ads on the right side near the top that have a feature that pops up the ad in a new window in the center of the screen when you mouse over it.  (Sometimes a "rollover to watch" video.)
    I seem to be popping a lot of these up accidentally as I move the cursor from menu items on the top of the page to the side scroll bar.  I know we are not supposed to casually click ads, so is this something that could cause a problem?

1. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its not your ad and its not adsense

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your (and to all the other) answers. Those ads seem to be placed on the 'shortcut' mouse route. I'm going to try taking the scenic route next time.

2. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Hi Rochelle - I don't know the answer but I did this myself the other day where the advert opened a chest to reveal contents, although I definitely did NOT click on it.

If you ever do find out, can you post back here to let me know.
    Thanks.

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Roll overs do not count as clicks. I would still try to avoid them because they are annoying.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that's good to know. it happened to me the other day and I felt like I was going to end up in time out. it's easy to hit it accidentally.

4. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

And then there was a different problem I had.  At the bottom of one of my Hubs was an image of some kind of game.  I didn't even think about it as an ad (which it was), but I was curious to see how the game was played.  Immediately after clicking I realized my mistake, but it taught me a lesson.  I won't try it again!

5. Randy Godwin profile image91
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Now that you mention it, what is the best thing to do if you accidentally click an ad?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nothing! You're not going to immediately lose your adsense account. Just don't  make a habit.

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I knew that, but I wondered if one should try to exit as soon as possible or if it was too late to make a difference.

working