jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Direct Amazon product links,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Because of the way I'm making Amazon product pages in my own sites, I need to use direct product links. I'm sure over time some of those products will no longer be for sale.

So, what happens when someone clicks on that link when the product is no longer available? I assume they get redirected to a similar product right?

Does anyone know how long most products stay live on Amazon? Is there a high degree of product changes? I'd hate to have lots of broken links. hmm

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why do you need to use direct product links?

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually explained this in another thread but can't find it. I make product pages on my own sites using my own images and text, then paste in the affiliate code.

That way the page ranks very well for the key word products. I'm making new ones and I know once they are made I will rank on the first page of google within days, and these are Disney products.

But they have to be direct product links, due to using my own images that are keyword named, in keyword named folders. So few understand how powerful keyword named images are. smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
          Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I remember your thread about naming images.  I tried it and I have to give you credit, my traffic has improved.

Whether or not it was the image name that helped I do not know, but I think you are quite correct.

Thanks. It takes time for named images to help, but after a while it does. Each image gives you 3 more key word areas:

1. the image name
            2. the image title
            3. the image alt tag

Some sites are mostly image or video based, so then it's even more important. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oli, what do you use?  Just keyword searches?

I use Amazon Reloaded to show specific products, which I review.  I'd also love to know if there's any way to tell when the product goes out of stock - there's an idea for a new plugin!

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I don't know for sure but I suspect you either need to check your links from time to time or the link may well go to a page for the product with a note saying its not available anymore, and they would like see similar items other customers have viewed. Thats my reasonable guess. I see products all the time where its been discontinued.

Thanks, I guess I'll keep an eye on them then. If the product is no longer there I hope they would search for the same thing on Amazon, since you still get credit for it.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Generally the page will still be there but the product will be listed as out of stock.

4. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image80
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 5 years ago

question and comment: are you saying its helpful to both name the image capsule, AND write a caption for it? And if your amazon products go out of stock, it will just say "no amazon products found". which might be disconcerting for someone who didnt know they were going to look at amazon in the first place.

I've been talking about my own sites, not hubs. A product page is 3/4 just images. So you want to name them, use the title and alt tags, and use descriptive text in the hyperlink.

I also write normal text in the product page talking about the item for more keyword text. I'd give a link to one of my pages but you can't here. smile

I also think I'm going to mention that clicking on an item will take you to that item on Amazon.