jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Does interlinking hubs serve as backlinks?

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I been trying to interlink hubs that serve similar relevancy and if I publish a hub I go through all previous hubs and post the link.(that are in same relevant topic of course)

It seems to be increasing traffic, I just hope the work I put in now will fair even better when they age in search engines.

The question is, does interlinking serve as back links?

2. Arthur Fontes profile image89
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

I can only provide you with a previous thread, hope this helps.

3. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image82
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 6 years ago

most people don't understand how important internal linking is. yes it does serve as "backlinks", but don't think of it that way. when you interlink your hubs, it makes it easier for search engines, rss sites, etc. to crawl your content and it increases the overall relevancy that they see in your hubs.

internal linking is no substitute for backlinking, but should increase your traffic significantly in the long term and should definitely be done before lots of external linking takes place.

4. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image82

One more thing. i was looking at the links in some of your hubs and i noticed you used your "unique referral tracker". you should make some customized ones with relevance to the topics your linking to- that way it looks less like an affiliate link.

for example, with some of your quotation hubs you could make a tracker named "quotes" or "quotations".

1. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advise. Yeah I use the URL trackers, but have stopped making them in some of my hubs. I will put them in most future ones, but will make custom ones as you noted.

5. Thriller profile image60
    Thrillerposted 6 years ago

interlinking hubs is crucial to increase traffic by routing it from one hub to another but it does not serve as back link to search engines as all such links are from one site only. For links to be counted as back links they should be "do follow" and from different sites.

6. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image82

all do-follow links can increase your traffic flow- both internal and external. The "weight" of the link is determined primarily by the authority of the source, and how its anchored in the text/layout of the page.

7. daybreak profile image64
    daybreakposted 6 years ago

Can anyone expand on different methods or strategies for linking to our other hubs?

Is there a tool for adding a list of other hubs to a specific hub?

I have used the links capsule, but would like to keep external links and links to my other hubs separate in most cases.