jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

60DC2 - After Action Report

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

Well, I would count the 60DC2 as a huge success - even though I did not participate nearly as much as I had hoped in the 2nd half.

My total views improved healthily and diversified across the new categories.  I am always concerned about spreading out my views (and earnings) across different categories - just in case!

Almost immediately I saw adsense clicks from my newly published hubs and within a week I had my first amazon sale from an item I listed in the 60DC2. 

Without active backlinking, three of my hubs ranked well with google for my desired keyword terms and stayed high.  I have had several start high and then drop off.  I was also surprised to see a few that ranked well for unintended, but related keywords.  Using the Title Tuner, I made a few tweaks to help take advantage of those unexpected KWs.

My results so far: I am having by best Adsense month ever, making my payout a few days ago.  Additionally, my number of clicks into Amazon have more than doubled per day.  I am always hesitant to look measure my progress by the total commission because of the impacts of one or two large ticket items.  For example, a month ago, someone bought a nice LED HDTV and I got a very nice commission - but I don't think that luck is a valid repeatable measure.  Instead I look at the number of clicks into Amazon per day.  Just my preference.

Anyway - Kudos to SunForged, Wavegirl and the crew for a wonderful experience!  I highly recommend any hubber give it a shot as soon as you can.  It really does help significantly!

2. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Mutiny.  The 60DC seems amazing and I'm so glad it was a positive experience for you.  Good luck for even more sales and viewings!

3. Money Glitch profile image88
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

http://i44.tinypic.com/10wl7cz.jpg Mutiny! Way to go!
    As you know I had to bow out of the 2nd half, however, I would not take anything for the overall experience.  I too have seen an increase in sales, but a decrease in readership (go figure).  However, I believe it will catch up and continue to be profitable for the long run. smile

Thanks for sharing your positive experience and thanks to the entire 60dc2 team. http://i40.tinypic.com/14t3nyc.jpg

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
      Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks MoneyGlitch!  I have been very happy with the results!

4. Wendy Krick profile image48
    Wendy Krickposted 5 years ago

I thought it was a terrific experience! I also got great results. If anyone wants to do it again after the holidays (maybe in January or February) let me know.