jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Newbie to this site......

1. 61
    puckstopposted 5 years ago

Hi everbody, im new to this sort of thing and it looks  bit frightening to say the least, I have followed some steps but when you have to write an article im just not sure where to start/put it, and all those capsules!!! where do you start with these things?. I can only get on here so often and some times playing catch-up and going over/backtracking what i have done.I put something on already but got a message saying it needs 'revision'. No doubt once i have 'Mastered' on how to use this site it will be a doddle......Ihope.  Puckstop

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

First off, how old are you?

Secondly, you could start by reading more things. Check out the Learning Center, read the FAQ's and use the "search" bar to locate answers to questions.

The forum is the best place to get answers and it is already likely that your questions have been asked. Do yourself a favor and do not rush yourself through learning. You will only damage your ability, because there is too much information to digest all at once. If you're a fast learner, then you'll have no problem. But, if you are a slow learner, then you might get a feeling of being overwhelmed.

Below are some hubs written by other hub writers. I highly suggest reading them.

Darkside has written about Hubpages and covers a lot of information.

If you're here to write and earn, then you'll need to know more.

Frogdropping- wrote a couple hubs for new members:

Sunforged- wrote hubs on earning online and SEO tips/techniques.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-for-mon … nt-revenue
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Website-Tra … -earn-from

That should hold you for a while. smile Do try to enjoy your time here. smile

1. 61
      puckstopposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cagsil, looks like a bit of homework needs to be done and learning some of the techniques etc,a lot to digest, also u asked my age,does this have some bearing on this then???  lol

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your age? Well, in many ways, it has a lot to do with it. First off, HubPages has rules. Secondly, if you're young then there is a good chance you learn easily and if you're older then you will learn slowly.

I was looking for an idea to gauge how to come across to you. I don't try to teach people over their own skill level. wink

1. 61

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

My suggestion is for you read these two sections before you read anything else or try to write something:

1. 61

OK  will do...........

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just be careful, hubpages are very addictive,almost like a chocolate. Tried once, tried twice, gobbled the whole thing!

1. Shane Belceto profile image60
          Shane Belcetoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol exactly I got on for 5 minutes and well that was last week now haven't been able to remove myself .. ha!

Expect Miracles