jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Google Adsense Revenue is starting to pick up consistently

1. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I have been hoping for consistent earnings for a while now. Lately my earnings have been better. Even days where I got clicks and they were not worth as much it was still consistent.

The strange thing is...My traffic has improved, but not hugely. Is it possible that people bid more on your content when it becomes larger and a lot is indexed my google? I know thats prob a strange question to ask....

I am hoping next month is 50% better cause as consistency shows it will be, BUT, i need to keep writing more content of course to help...

1. thisisoli profile image63
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's coming up to Christmas, clicks will be worth more, more people will click, and affiliate sales should increase.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing especially in some of my niches.

2. jeri741 profile image61
    jeri741posted 6 years ago

I'm glad things are looking good for you.

3. Peter-Jan Celis profile image59
    Peter-Jan Celisposted 6 years ago

It's unlikely people are bidding for your content specifically. What is probably happening is that Google is using the click data of the past months to get better at serving high paying ads on your hubs.

Is this true? Can anyone enlighten me on this? I have heard of this before and it does make sense. I started seriously writing in June, and September I was mostly Hiatus. So i had June-august, and this month in which I was writing fairly heavily.

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image59
        Peter-Jan Celisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have specific links but this is how most alghorithms work, they learn by themselves based on data. Can't imagine Google doesn't use this technology. Anyway, the good news is your increase in earnings is likely to stay or even further improve.

4. AlanZimmerman profile image59
    AlanZimmermanposted 6 years ago

You actually have a back end "score" that Google gives you as a publisher through Adsense. They don't openly talk about this, and its similar to the "quality score" metric they use for Adwords.

In a nutshell, the higher your score in Adsense the greater the percentage of $$$ you will get.  This is because Google will match better and more expensive ads to your content, and you will get a higher percentage of the CPC generated for each click.

Well, I hope I am doing well cause I respect Google a lot. I like to write content and will continue to do so.

When I seriously got started in June I did not have much. Now my content is much more wider spread. Eventually when I succeed in hubpages(hopefully) I would like to get a website and use too.

Thanks a lot for the reply, I was not entirely aware of this.

5. Thriller profile image61
    Thrillerposted 6 years ago

First of all congrats on higher clicks and traffic. Just to put things in order higher traffic has nothing to with Christmas. I just read a couple of days back the interview of Hub Pages founder where he says that a Hub's traffic generally peaks after 3 years. So you might have some older hubs that are bearing fruit now. Pluck them merrily smile

working