jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are Adsense Clicks so difficult to happen

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I will let you know a bit about my hubpages journey so far. I joined Hubpages more than a year back in the first week of October 2009. I was bit caught up in family issues and could not write a single hub. It was only in March that I published my first hub. Till the end on September 2010 I had 100 hubs but got only about 50-70 page views daily and earned less than $10 from Hubpages. In October I decided to take up hubpages a lot seriously and have published two hubs or more daily. Today I have over 160 hubs. Apart from this I started to be active in forum and commented on hubs. This brought me followers, traffic and hubs. Now I get between 250-300 page views. I have earned a little less than $30 this month from hubpages. I am certainly happy but I need to increase it further. What more can I do? Will it increase all by itself? I am a bit disappointed as the last two days have been pathetic at adsense. I am getting tons of page views almost 300 but not even reaching 50 cent in earning. Any advice and suggestion would be highly appreciated.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you getting enough traffic from search engine?

2. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Hi Sid.

I've often found that pageviews are not connected with the sheer volume of hubs. A  single, well-research and optimized hub will get that many pageviews a day.

I would advise doing some keyword research and learning some on-page SEO techniques. I visited your most recent hub, and while it is informative it has no links (quality outbound and relevant inbound links will help search engines categorize and rank you) and  is relatively bare (for instance).

Some successful hubbers advocate backlinking and creating a buzz via social bookmarking and networking. What do you do to get your hubs noticed? Sometimes they need a little push to get the ball rolling.

My advice is to treat each hub as a project and only move to the next when you are confident that you've done enough to make it a long-term success. There's a lot you can do to make this happen.

Suggestion: Go back and rework some of your favorite hubs with some basic SEO principles in mind (keywords in title, URL if applicable, h2 headers and anchor text -- but don't overdo it),  incorporate some quality outbound links that will benefit readers and gift-wrap your work aesthetically with some relevant images and modules (perhaps add some web 2.0 elements such as polls).

Give these new changes some time and see if it marks an improvement.

3. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I am getting 75-80% traffic from various versions of Google and other smaller search engines and the rest from Hubpages.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Then the problem lies with keyword research. So concentrate on keyword research before writing new hub.

2. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is good your hubs are getting traffic from google sites. But subjects also matter's.Secondly sharing the hubs in face book,twitter,and other social bookmarking sites will help you.