jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Referral Links- Are they good for Link Building???

1. bloggerdollar profile image46
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

I want to build links for some of my hubs and I usually do this by putting the referral code in my link

Do those link will count as a link to my Hub by search engines or will they be sensed as a different URL and the will be irrelavant of search engine rankings???

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I have stopped using them for that reason. Swings and roundabouts. What you win from the link, you lose from referrals smile

3. bloggerdollar profile image46
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

Considering I don't get too much from the referrals I guess it's the best to use the links without the referrals.

I wonder if we can get the referral if a user enters Hubpages through our hub and signs-up. If that would be the case we wouldn't worry about putting referral code in all our hubs and losing the inbound links.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can use referral tracking URL's in your hubs, whether it be from one to the other, or inviting people to go straight to the sign up page.

The same referral trackers can be used outside of hubpages.com (from your own blogs, sites, or other webpages) to send people to your hub. Though the downside is losing the backlink benefit of such a link.

Getting in first with the tracker does have its benefits though. You get the 30 day cookie. Anyone after you only gets a 2 hour window of opportunity.

The other way of using trackers is to send traffic to other peoples hubs. Then you get around 10% of the ad views. So it's a win/win situation for both you (the traffic supplier) and the author of the hub.