jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

ScaryOne - $1 GD Domains

1. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

scaryone

the above is the limited promo code that gives one $1 domain to the user at godaddy.

Its only good for new customers and is only payable via cc. (Probably, yo keep people from using there dozens of PayPal addresses to buy multiple $1 domains)

anyways - get it while its hot - it could be the first step towards landing that ePn partnership

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image80
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

Where do you enter the promo code?

3. sunforged profile image72

promo codes go into shopping cart at end - anytime you buy anything from GD - JUST SAY NO - to all the annoying upsells.

In the final screen your order total should drop to $1 plus the icann fee which is 19 cents (around that)

4. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

I saw a promo for .info domains last spring, but ended up not taking it because of the small print. 

I don't know if this is similar or not.  But you may want to check the terms for the second year's price - you'd have to dig deep to find it.  In the case of the .info domains, it cancelled out much of the first year's advantage, and the second year was mandatory - as in, even if you didn't renew, you'd still have gotten charged for the second year.

Sneeaaky....

5. sunforged profile image72

oh - good point.

This is for a .com !

i forgot to point out the distinction, as I forget other TLD's exist

the promo you speak of wouldnt have been godaddy - as their 1.99 coupon for .info's doesnt require a second year and yes renewal costs are OBVIOUSLY going to be normal price unless you take 30 seconds to find the latest renewal discount codes.

1. profile image0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

DOH! I wish they had this deal going when I bought my domains. I used a discount coupon and have never got a dot com as cheap as this deal. This was a good tip Sunforged.

6. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Thanks for this Sunforged.  I hope it lasts for another day or two as I havn't thought of any domain name yet!!

7. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Got myself a new domain and luckily for me the same a/c and same cc worked!!   

Thanks a ton Sunforged, wish I could think of a dozen more domain names, $1 for a domain name is really very cheap!!

8. sunforged profile image72

no way! same account - I bought a new domain yesterday and never even bothered trying the promo I was told it was for new accounts only!

I guess its time to buy as many as it will let me..

9. sunforged profile image72

well, i just used it on my normal account also

cant go wrong with 99 cents .coms!

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
      englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are so correct Sunforged..$1 can be covered back in a day.I want to buy a few more but I am not able to find a good domain name.  I searched through the analytics but I have more than 22k keywords to go through.

Any quick way to do this?

working