jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Commercial??

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hi-
       I was reading the FAQ section on "when is a hub considered commercial," and none of the specifics they listed exist for either on hub already written, or another I'm contemplating.

However, woud signing up for the Amazon affiliate program, and having those ads "linking outbound to a commercial site" require a "commercial" rating on the hub?

If the topic of the hub is not trying to get someone to buy something, but is a strategy guide to a downloadable PC game, does that hub become "commercial?"

Thank you for clarifying.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are using Amazon capsules, you do not need to mark your hub as commercial.  If you are linking directly to Amazon within the body of your hub (text/link/image/rss capsules), you must have the commercial box checked and ad level set to high.

Hope that helps.

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Maddie for clarifying that for me!  ;-)  Cheers!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If I have any ads at all I put my hub as commercial, that includes Amazon.

Hi, Uninvited Writer--
         Do you find that marking a hub as commercial helps your ad selection or click-through rate?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't really noticed if it does or not since all my hubs are marked as commercial. smile

oh, right...  ack!  I did see you had said that.   That was poorly phrased on my part. 
          I should have asked/commented that in my case, that would not necessarily make good sense.

Many of my hubs are poetry--certainly not even close to commercial--and I have the majority of those hubs set to "no ads," as I feel they would be distracting, and spoil the mood of the word pictures.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

FWIW, the only difference I've seen in my hubs marked commercial is that the ad level is set to high and you can't change it.

working