Multiple analytics channels

1. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

A month or so ago, I decided to use Xomba as a source of backlinks to my hubs and have been slowly bookmarking all my hubs there, and wrote one short article as well.

I am beginning to see a few adsense clicks from Xomba, but am unable to determine just which backlink or article they came from. 

Is it possible to include that data in analytics?  I have searched analytics for information, and it sounds like it is, but can't figure out how to do it.  It would be nice to have a separate "channel", but not necessary as the article or backlink title would tell me what I'm looking for.

Hubpages makes it so easy to sign up with analytics that I never did really understand what I was doing; it worked and that was what counted.  It seems like I need to use my Xomba profile URL, but also to input some information to Xomba to make it work, and have no idea at all what to give them or where to put it.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I believe you have two options (I'm hazy on the second so someone else may need to clarify.)

1. Set up channels in your adsense for each page you wish to track (up to 200 pages.)

2. Making Xomba your main site in your list of analytics sites... however I believe this poses a problem because you do not own hubpages, meaning it needs to be your main site to track adsense.

The only other thing you might be able to try is a second analytics account - have no idea if you can link your adsense to multiple analytics, so I'm probably wrong.

Sorry I can't be more helfpul!

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've already set up Xomba as a channel in adsense, which is how I know I'm getting clicks from there.  To set another channel for each Xomba page...Ugh!  There will be a page for each hub I have, and it isn't worth that much effort to find out which one is getting clicks!

Besides, I would run out of channels before long.

Thanks though, Wry, for the reply.