jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Question about Amazon pay structure...

1. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Okay, I just checked my Amazon report and it indicates that the total number of items shipped is 115.  On the next line it says that I can increase my referral rate to 7% by referring one more item.

The Performance Fee Structure indicates that 7% starts at 111 items.  Why, then, is it saying that I won't get 7% until item 116??  The only thing I can think of is that maybe 5 of the items shipped were from orders actually placed in September - could that be the reason?  If so, I didn't think it worked that way - I thought it was simply based on the number of items shipped in the given month...

Anyone have any answer or insight on this??

Dang, I tried to input the fee structure chart here, but I can't seem to figure out how!

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you "carry forward" some items from the last month - ordered but not shipped? That will account for the difference.

Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently you didn't read my whole post (not trying to be a smart-ass) because I did say that maybe that was the reason but I couldn't find anywhere where it says that and it wouldn't seem fair.  I thought that the commission rate is determined by the number of items shipped in a given month irrespective of when it was ordered...

(is irrespective a word? It sure sounds right!)

1. SiddSingh profile image60
          SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mea culpa sad

I had the same issue - 3 items carried forward from last month - 113 items shipped this month, I still needed to refer one more item for 7%. The only explanation seemed to be those three items ordered last month but shipped this month.

2. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Sounds like you are on to something, you better call them in and get your money! Thats all it comes down to, to me.

3. Lily Rose profile image83

Yup - I did post the question on the Associate discussion boards and I sent an email to Amazon's Customer Service asking them as well...now it's a waiting game.  Hopefully they will be better at responding to Assocoates than they are to normal "members" - when someone hacked my Amazon account two months ago I could not get anyone from Amazon to contact me after repeated attempts - shame!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lily Rose..morning. My referral rate is 6 percent and I need to refer 13 more so that it will be 6.5 it said. I can't help you with the prob, sorry. I hope you sorted out that prob sooner Lily and Congrats for the amazon sales!

4. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Mine is showing the same actually, maybe they have just changed the structure a little.  It's kind of messed up but the good news is you should be able to make the last sale you need before month end.

I sold 15 items yesterday so I'm waiting for the shipped items to sail past that mark right now!

5. Lily Rose profile image83

Hey Oli!  If they changed teh fee structure without telling us or even updating it on their site, that's f**ked up!  If that's the case I will be upset...

I sold 12 things yesterday, so at least one of them better be shipped today to get me that 7% - this will be my first 7% month!!

6. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Lily Rose, percentages and payouts are based on what ships, not what is ordered.  How many items have shipped?

Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought, too, but I didn't get bumped up to 7% until item #116 was shipped.  No answer from Amazon, of course, but the good new is that with the items that shipped yesterday I made the 7% threshold anyway...

7. Ign Andy profile image60
    Ign Andyposted 6 years ago

Hi Lily,
    The best thing to find out is to email them and since you already did, so wait and see. I already pass 115 mark so and I can't remember when they adjust my fee structure to 7% so I can't help you.

8. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Very cool, sounds like a weird glitch.  At least you don't have to worry about fighting to get the correct percentage in your payout.  I am not quite to 7% myself, but finding my sales inching closer every month.  smile

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I've had 93 items shipped this month, and it is telling me I must refer another 19 items to get 7%....which is what? 112?
    Not going to make it even if they ship all the other items ordered this month tomorrow sad
    So close....yet so far!
    I don't understand what they are doing then when yours said 115+ before it went up to 7%.

working