jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Anyway to track detailed traffic?

1. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

Nowadays I just seem to have endless questions. My hubs have not had much traffic so far, especially those about bakugans. But one of my newer one suddenly got more than 130 visits since yesterday, which is absolutely strange. One and the only one possible reason would be I shared on facebook and mentioned a video review was added to it. But still, with only a bit over 200 facebook friends, I just can't imagine to get this much traffic in such a short period of time. My question: is there any way to track down exactly what happened? also IF somehow I got artificial visits, would it have any negative impact to my account? Thanks

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried google anaylitics?  You can integrate it with your adsense account. smile

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I have actually, just assumed it would not give me the exact idea on how one particular hub get so much surprising traffic. I just hope there is no penalty

1. shazwellyn profile image84
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No penalty unless you have been spamming, using automation and/or self promoting in an unethical way.

You might be going viral all by yourself and how wonderufl it is to be givent the thumbs up because you have produced good content!  Congratulations big_smile

Thanks again, that makes me feel so warm:D
            Indeed, so tired, have two little kids, so little time, and don't want to kill myself in doing this or it would be so meaningless

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

If you didn't have GA activated, it can't help you with what took place before you turn it on. After that, it can show you the referring pages and/or search terms that brought the visits.  It can also tell you even more.. If you search for "Analytics" here you will find hubs that deal with getting good use of it.

Thanks a lot, I will check them out later

3. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Also, channels in adsense offers some additional information on hubs.   Just go to adsense and create a channel for each hub.  You do this under adsense for content.   Then you can tell which hub is paying.   

Analytics can tell you the source of the traffic and which words were used for searches related to your hub.     Follow pcunix's advice and activate analytics.  You can then play around with the reports and see where the traffic comes from.   

Most often, I am surprised by the traffic, and never expected it.   As you can see I have a lot to learn.

big_smilebig_smile

working