jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)

First payout earned!!!

1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I had hoped to make my first payout this month, but realized it was a stretch as I would have to once more double the previous month's earnings. 

I went to bed needing only a few more dollars and hoped to make it today.

Checked adsense first thing this morning (of course! smile ) and had earned 3 cents.  Well, it's a start, and I never get clicks first thing in the morning, anyway.  Checked the month totals once more, to find that late last night I got a few more clicks, including the best paying one ever.  Over the limit! 

Funny now, though, the $100 doesn't mean that much - the fact that the work has been recognized with a reward means more.  I think I'll frame that $100 bill a hang it above the computer table!

1. Mutiny92 profile image87
      Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

congratulations!  That is wonderful!!!!

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mutiny - it is wonderful to me.  A pretty good incentive to make more hubs.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice, good news wilderness!

3. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well done Wilderness - the next will come faster! smile

Shazwelln, prettydarkhorse - thanks!  It is indeed good news to me, and I expect the next one to come faster.  Not next month - I would have to double the income again, and that has to end sometime or I'll overtake Bill Gates in a few months!

4. jeri741 profile image61
      jeri741posted 6 years ago in reply to this

congrats  hope to make a check one of these days ..lol..I am happy for youand am now followng you

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Yeah You! I've been watching your posts closely and pulling for you the last few days.

There is truly something magical about making money with affiliate marketing or google adsense.

Aahh - a hidden watcher!  Well, Nelle, perhaps it was your moral support that did it for me.  Thanks - your posts always carry a little extra weight for me, as someone who has definitely "been there, done that" and can roll with the punches and adapt.

3. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

Congrats Wilderness for reaching your first payout...

Keep Rocking..

No, no!  The rocking chair sits alone and empty.  It is the computer chair that must be filled.  big_smile

Thanks, Trsmd.

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Wilderness! Very well done indeed smile Here's to many more!

Thanks, Izzy.   I'm sure there will be more - this is certainly a shot in the arm.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

You are on a good pace, Wilderness!  I screwed around for a few months here before I even added any affiliates to my hubs and still managed to achieve a payout sooner than I thought! 

What surprised me though, was how quickly the second came around.  And when I began to make it every month it was really cool!  A learning process, no doubt!  Congrats, you earned it!

I wonder if most people don't start that way, Randy.  I signed on sometime in March, I think, and wrote a couple of hubs to see who commented before I even discovered people were making money doing just that!  It wasn't until mid-June that I actually got serious, signed up with Adsense and began to write for money.

I hope you're right about the second payment; the goal is to earn the next by the end of the year.

6. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 6 years ago

I can understand why you might frame it instead of bank it or spend it! Well done and congrats and may it be the first of many small steps towards greater success.

7. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Wilderness, nicely done! smile

8. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Good job! I knew it wouldn't be long!

9. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Good for you Wilderness.  A HUGE congrats from me.

10. wearing well profile image78
    wearing wellposted 6 years ago

Well Done Wilderness and I'm serious now too!Will be following you:)

11. Jo Deslaurier profile image81
    Jo Deslaurierposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! May your payouts continue to grow!

12. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

A hearty "Thanks" to all who have replied - it is appreciated.  And now, back to work;  new hubs are waiting!

13. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Congrats and more will come now... Enjoy your success smile

14. Wendy Krick profile image52
    Wendy Krickposted 6 years ago

Way to Go!

working