jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Best Hub

1. CJStone profile image87
    CJStoneposted 8 years ago

How do I arrange the Hubs as displayed on my profile page. here are Hot Hubs, Latest Hubs and Best Hubs. I don't know what the difference is between all these catagories, except to say that the one I would define as my "Best Hub" is no longer on display. Is there a way of changing this?

2. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Hello CJStone ! This is intelligent question.

Latest Hubs = Hubs that are recently posted
    Hot Hubs = Hubs that were very popular
    Best Hubs = Hubs that were popular and appreciated ( either by thumbs up or comments or they were reached through search engines or means other then Hubpages)

Your Best Hub is NO MORE on Display because its popularity has decreased. You can increase its popularity by linking it to your other Hubs that are most viewed and through Bookmarking sites.

Good Luck !

1. thranax profile image50
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very Good answer, thanks. The 2nd half of his answer basically means get traffic flowing on that topic. Bookmarking sites work, or anyway you can to get people to see the hub. I don't know if other people find it important or not, but every Hub I read I give a thumbs up if I found it helpful or a thumbs down if I didn't like it. I only leave comments on ones I really liked or learned from. (Of course there is exceptions) But thats my basic logic. I have a feeling a lot of people just click links, don't read much of anything or look at pictures, then press on.

3. CJStone profile image87

So who decides what's "hot" and what's "best"? This is where I think that maybe Hubpages has a weakness, that us hubbers can't control what's in those little boxes on our profile page; and that fact that what I consider "best" - meaning the one I put the most personal and emotional investment into - is now missing from my introductory page is a little upsetting. Is there anyway to correct this?

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You have complete control over the bio area on your profile page, so you can link to whatever hubs you consider the best or most important from within there.  While we certainly understand your concern, we don't have any imminent plan to grant authors editorial control over the best or hot rankings for their hubs.

Then why not make a custom link? For example:
      [ Hot|Best|Latest|Author's List ]

I think its a nice solution to think about big_smile

5. William F. Torpey profile image80
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I had a similar reaction, Paul, to the frequently changing listing of my "Best Hubs" because the hubs listed there are clearly not my best hubs in a general sense. Personally, I would feel much better about the category if it were called "Most Popular Hubs."

This will also be a nice change I think, great idea smile

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Most Popular isn't necessarily accurate either.  The "best" hubs are ranked by HubScore, which incorporates traffic, but also other elements such as readers response and our automated content analysis system.

Would "Top Hubs" be preferable?   Another option might be for us to add a qualifier somewhere in the box, such as: "as ranked by HubScore".

Thats a good idea to solve the "best" part but what about the allowing of authors to have there own ordered list of hubs there? (not in the profile, the profile everyone can do but sometimes people will not click a link in the profile, but will click one where it has the picture, title, and description paragraph.

7. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I agree with Torpley.  And, yes, those are good ideas, Paul.

8. William F. Torpey profile image80
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

"Top Ranked Hubs" would cover it, Paul, I think.

9. CJStone profile image87

But what about an "Author's Choice" box? That makes sense to me.

10. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

CJ, what Paul is saying is that you can create your own "Author's Choice" in your profile section. Many Hubbers do.

working