jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

News feeds don't always work properly

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

In fact I find that you can find some, save them and display them and then find in another day they have all gone, not one but all of them. So you go to edit and the capsule is there but nothing with it so you search again and find some entries to display and save and then click on done editing but even though they showed clearly in the editing window and even though you positioned them and even though had saved them, nothing shows up in the final hub on display!

I find this annoying especially when I have spent time loading news and thought what a good job it is and what great and relevant news only to find the items have all vanished the day after.

Does anyone know what is going wrong with news feeds here please?

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

This happens to my hubs also - and has for such a long time that I kind of forgot about it.  I always place the news capsules in places where it won't be obvious if the feed stops working.

Anyone else experience this?

I also still have problems with ebay items disappearing.

1. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah it happens. I just used a news article in my 8th Hub and it seems to be working fine. eBay sometimes stops showing things if you use a user id and they don't have anything on eBay. Also, i found some keywords don't pull a search sometimes for the ad, but will work if you searched on eBay. Sigh, I guess you just need to check them now and then...

3. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

Thanks for your replies Stacie and thranax! It's good to know I am not alone with these problems!
    Another one I find is although I know items are on Ebay or Amazon the capsule search engine cannot find them even when you give the exact name or ISBN or ASIN. I often give up in disgust and try something it can find! lol

4. Health Conscious profile image60
    Health Consciousposted 8 years ago

Thanks Bard for posting this

I was  just  trying to find a news feed for several different things I know should have something.  Nothing worked so I quit and deleted it.

I will try setting it up and leaving it.
    Maybe it will decide to start working

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
      Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good luck!

I find it works randomly - sometimes what it finds and you save stays on the hub, other times it vanishes, sometimes it finds results and other times it can't even when you can find them yourself. My biggest disappointment with it is I can leave a hub thinking I have just added some great content with appropriate news feeds and then the next day they have gone! And it can't be anything to do with how newsworthy the keywords are. UFOs are always in the news and I have found news feed stories, published them, and then they have disappeared just as mysteriously as the unidentified craft themselves! lol