jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Quick Links

1. cobras profile image88
    cobrasposted 6 years ago

I cannot find the answer to this in the help page.

When in edit mode of my text hub, I can highlight text and use the link tool[chain] to link to an outside source by entering its URL.  I can also chose Quick Link To Your Hub.  What is this about?

Thanks in advance.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Quick Link is an alphabetically ordered list of your own hubs. It is a convenient way compared to inserting the link manually.

You would use a regular link to link to anything else, including other people's hubs and external websites. You can also use a link capsule for this purpose.

cobrasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So I either link to some outside source via their URL, or to one of my  other hubs via the Quick Link, but not both.  Is that it right?

Thank you.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. But that is not exactly correct.

Of course, one hyperlink can only have one destination. But you can create several hyperlinks: Some links can be to your hubs, others can be to other people's hubs, yet others can be to external sites. You build one link at a time by using either of the methods we've discussed.

You can link to as many hubs as you like.

As far as links to external sites, you are allowed no more than 2 links going to the same domain in each hub. Check out the rules about "overly promotional" for details:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

cobrasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have been most helpful.  Thank you again.

working