jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

I just got my account

1. 61
    markswifeposted 8 years ago

I am new here and wondered what the copywrite rules are. Can I put videos, pictures etc. on my Hubpages without their permission?

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

It is generally a good idea to get copyright information, but most pictures online are so regurgitated that it makes tracking down copyright info hard.  What I'm going to start implementing on my hubs is a separate capsule to give the information of where I found my pictures.  With videos, you have to insert the link into the video capsule, so you're good to go to add any from the supported sites as-is.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

That's a very good idea, gamergirl. I might just start doing that myself. Even with pictures I get from a stock photography site with usernames, like they ask for in Associated Content.

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I always try to find copyright information on where I get pictures and videos. Even some text. Most people use resources to write things, so therefore they should be credited to. But alas most don't care in the end...Sad sometimes. At least with videos they can link to who made it. Personally, I believe there are so many graphics around, that they don't need copyright information (they do, but its just so common not to now that people don't). It's just nice to know that the creator of that image etc is given credit for it somehow.

5. 61
    markswifeposted 8 years ago

thanks!!! smile

6. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Does Mark know that his wife is posting here in the forum?

7. Mark Bennett profile image59
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

I didn't know I had a wife at all!

Sorry dear, I must have nodded off some time before the engagement. But am a thoroughly modern husband, and do not object to my wife speaking in public.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Maybe she's not the future Mrs Bennett but the current Mrs Knowles?

2. topstuff profile image60
      topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very good husband with no wife

8. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I use images from Flickr.  I always use the Advanced Search and click both "for commercial use" and "Creative Commons" to be on the safe side.  Even so, I always have lots of choice, so I rarely bother going anywhere else. 

With Flickr images, you must credit the photographer and provide a link to their Photostream.  I usually do that at the end of the Hub.

I know you can download anything you like on the internet, but I take the view that I'd hate it if people copied my stuff without permission, so why should I do it to anyone else?