jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does Digg Ever Keep You From Logging In?

1. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

At first it looks as if I am logged into digg, then I go to digg something and it says please log in.  Over and over I try until I just give up.  Every few times it actually lets me log in and digg a url.  I never experience this problem with any other site besides digg.  Anyone else have the same problem?  This is one reason I have been liking mixx better.

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

I haven't experienced anything like that at digg so far. Perhaps its a server overload or something. smile

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Hmmm.. when I first posted three hub links to digg, it said I was posting too many at one time. A couple of days later I posted two more.  just started, so I have only got about five hits from them so far in a week.

I expected more when i heard how good they were at increasing traffic . . . but maybe I'm just tooo low on the totem pole and haven't done enough.

I'm not really expecting big revenue. I think my total earning total is 15 cents  so far, from everything. So that is fifteen times my expectation...smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Were all the links to your own Hubs?   Be careful, because the rules of Digg prohibit self-promotion - in other words, it's against their rules to post ANY links to your own work.

In practice, most people do.  You just have to keep it limited, and hide them amongst plenty of links to other sites.  If you get caught, you'll be banned from the site altogether.

You can understand why they take that attitude.  Digg is supposed to be about highlighting the cream of the internet.  If everyone simply uses it to draw attention to their own work, regardless of quality, the whole point of the site would be lost and its members would desert it.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

That might explain things.  Thanks for that SunSeven!