jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

To Vote or Not to VOTE?

1. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

Today is election day here in the states. 

Would you care to share if you've voted, plan to vote or think it's a waste of time?

2. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I usually vote, but this time I just moved, and did not get in to register in time for this election.  I can say this though, I am getting rather tired of feeling that one vote does not mean anything, for a couple of reasons.  One is the electoral system which makes me feel that way strongly, but more than that, it seems to me that these elections will come out whatever way the politicians want, if only they count them again.  That episode in Florida when they counted the ballots over and over until they got the wanted results really bothered me.  I believe that and many other ballot related situations are not ever brought to light and are covered up.  Just a feeling.

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

I'm voting twice.. and I'm not even a citizen!

4. fetty profile image76
    fettyposted 5 years ago

Our incumbent mayor won by 130 votes , he ran for his third term. His opponent just opened the newest bank in our town and is relatively unknown. Our mayor owns properties all over this small town and is an investor. He bought some 'worthless' and later sold it to a company that put up a cell tower. He makes the profit not the township. There is much more on this guy. His platform members won by 300 votes. Every vote does really count. I remember Kennedy went to bed thinking he lost and he won by one million and a half or there about when they woke him up to tell him.