1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

For some reason I'm not able to leave comments right now, and I simply HAVE to do more than simply thumbs-up this one:

I agree with you 100%, Charlotte, well done!  Jenny rightly pointed out that many of us write our Hubs based on personal experience, but it's not for its own sake - it's to illustrate a life lesson or explain a point of view.  Others have said we all self-promote - but done properly, it shouldn't be the be-all and end-all of a Hub.  Same with promoting products.

It would be interesting to get Paul Edmondson's view of HubPages as a blogging site today - is it still the same as two years ago?  HP has evolved a lot since then.  When a site evolves, it may not do so in a way that pleases the original members.  I'm sure HubPages will go on evolving and it'll be my turn to dislike the next phase - but unfortunately, that's life!

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Marisa, thank you so much.  I've received a few messages from people who "got it" without being personally offended, and like I said in the Hub's comments, I'm greatly appreciative of all the feedback I've received.

I'm not in any way trying to speak for the Hubpages Staff, nor am I calling any one particular hubber out so much as giving my view of things that seem to depreciate the value of the Hubbing experience (in my not-so-humble opinion.)

I'm like most, guilty of writing from personal experiences, but it's the rest of the Hub, the why and wherefore that fills the gaps and makes what starts out as an anecdote into a great article.    big_smile