jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense and me

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image88
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

I've been on here eight months now -- but I was away awhile.  However, I did read thousands of forum posts the first four or five months.  I tried to follow instructions on google's pages and adsense screens plus I got information from many, many good posts some of you have put up.  But in eight months I have only made $4.00 in adsense.  I know I said this many months ago, but here it is again.  I think I've done something incorrectly in my initial set up of things.  I think it might be due to the channels or something.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to set up channels and name them?  Does anyone know how I can start over or what I might have done wrong?  If I'd even have made $20.00 by now, I'd think I just haven't used enough word research....which I haven't, but still I think $4.00 is awfully low and perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly.  Thanks for reading this.

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To earn well with adsense it mostly comes down to traffic. To earn consistently you'll need at the very least a few hundred views per day - ideally you want to reach several thousands per day. This is because an average click through rate is only about 2%.

If your adsense account is recording clicks and page views then it's probably set up ok. Also double check that you are looking at your all time earnings in your adsense account.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image88
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I will look to see if it's recording clicks and page views.  Thanks.

2. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to write a lot more than 20 hubs. Earning money online is hard work, you need to write a lot to start beating the competition.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Given the small pool of Hubs that you have, and the non-retail focus of their subjects, I don't think your earnings are unusually low.

If you want your Hubs to earn, you have to create them that way.

3. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

I'm going to politely disagree with Susana S with regards to earning. Traffic, in my opinion takes a backseat to highly targeted, highly converting topics with high CPC ratings.

I have a number of high traffic hubs that earn a tenth of what some of my 10-20 views a day niche hubs do. In terms of earnings I'd focus on subjects where Adword bidding competition, and search engine traffic is high but where competition is relatively low.

Traffic is fluffy, but a single click on a high-paying keyword will be worth up to 20 times what most generic, non-retail topics can hope for.