jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

30 Day Hub Challenge

1. Meredith Clarke profile image79
    Meredith Clarkeposted 6 years ago

Thinking about doing it - my topics would cover all areas, would that work or should I stick to one area? Opinions?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

I would stick to about 5-10 topics, do the keyword research, work on titles(which create your URL and should be keyword rich) and make sure that your content is quite plentiful with text and keyword rich as well.

That's my suggestion for you. I've done a 30 hubs in 30 days and it's not easy compared to what some people might think. wink

However, good luck.  smile big_smile

Meredith Clarkeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the comment and the luck - never assumed it would be easy, 30 in 30 is a challenge.  Focusing on only one topic is also a challenge.  I don't want to lose people when I'm looking to attract.  We'll see how it goes.  Time is limited but I'll use it when I've got it!

3. LindaJM profile image83
    LindaJMposted 6 years ago

Hi there; I'm new to HubPages (made my first hub on Oct. 19 and started the HubChallenge that day too.) I wouldn't worry about focusing on only one topic. Like Cagsil said.. five to ten topics would be okay.

So far I'm on track, having done one hub daily. I'm half-way there, with 15 hubs at this point.

Meredith Clarkeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Read one of your hubs where you mentioned the content writers forum  - that might help me a bit too, thanks for that as I'm not sure hub is where my writing has an audience.

2. Anaya M. Baker profile image93
      Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck Meredith and Linda, and welcome to hubpages! I just finished the challenge, and before I started I only had five hubs. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to write about before I started, but I found that by just focusing on "what do I want to write today" themes started to emerge.

I think the hub challenge is a great way to explore your interests as a writer. I don't think that off-topic hubs are really any big deal. There's always something to be said for trying something new or diversifying. You might find you really like writing in that area, or you might just go back to your usual fare. Either way its no loss.

4. manicmusicfan profile image60
    manicmusicfanposted 6 years ago

Does this give you additional promotion to your hubs?  Or is that just a side affect from talking about it in the forums?

Is there anything you need to do besides publish the hubs?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image93
      Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just start publishing! There's a thread in the hubchallenge forum where you can post links to your hubs. A lot of people start their own thread just to announce they're starting it and again when they've finished.

I just finished it, and i found that the more hubs I wrote, the more page hits I got. Not just total page hits, but hits per hub.

working