jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Google Adsense

1. malonge profile image64
    malongeposted 5 years ago

How do I get Google adsense script off my pages?  Ads show up but so does the code?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please read the help files. I can't believe you have published as many hubs as you have and still not know this.

You cannot put HTML code on your pages. The HTML capsule is only for someone writing about HTML etc who needs to show an example.

The ads that show up are placed by HubPages. All you have to do is enter your affiliate account here: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your hubs. I would just read the instructions and start all over again putting your Google Adsense id in. This is strange what it is doing.

2. malonge profile image64
      malongeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your answers.  I posted several hubs then left Hubpages for awhile and did not use it.  I forgot that I had entered my ID and was puting my adsense code in the code capsule.  Thank you for your replies.  I will fix them

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I, too, checked your hubs and that is indeed strange.  If/when you find an answer, please post it here.

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

It's not strange. The OP has caused it by using (as UW pointed out) the HTML capsule to paste ad codes. The easy answer is to delete the HTML capsules.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I guess you learn something every day.  I'm a total newb to HTML, and had no idea it would cause that.  Thanks, froggie.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Malonge, you cannot input code ANYWHERE on the hubpages site.

All you need to do to earn with Adsense is link your Adsense account with hubpages on this page:

And then click either in your Adsense permissions OR on the email Adsense should send you.

After that you don't need to do anything - Hubpages will automatically show your adverts for 60% of impressions.

Code Capsules are not for displaying coded items - they are for teaching people how to write code.

5. scottyaks143 profile image61
    scottyaks143posted 5 years ago

After I made a hub and I sign up for adsense.. is it possible that they were approve my application this time because hubpages.com is a well known site?

I have previously sign up for google adsense but unfortunately they did not approve my application beccause I am using blogger.. well I have my own unique content but still they dont approve it.. I make it clear "is my application this time will be approve now?"

Please guys I really need some advice. Thanks have a great day.