jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Podcasts and videos

1. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 5 years ago

It would be great if all hubs would also be automatically podcasted, and also automatically turned into videos (those machinelike male and female voices). This would give both our hubs and hubpages more channels of exposure. The videos also would then be available for download, so hubbers could upload them to YouTube and other video sharing sites. This would reduce search engine dependancy for traffic (I read somewhere that google traffic is only 10 percent of all internet traffic).

I guess videos and podcast could be created though the RSS feeds of members.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Then how would we get paid? Does YouTube traffic pay as well as search engine traffic?

1. Csanad profile image53
      Csanadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suggested these for promotional, and personal branding reasons; also people could also listen to your content, not just read it. And you can also add the videos to your hubs.

Youtube videos DO pay: the ads you see on them are adsense ads. However your adsense earnings for videos update I think like every 30 days.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I don't like the idea of my content being manipulated or distributed automatically.  I have enough trouble keeping up with unauthorized use/plagiarism with everything just in print form.

Plus I'm perfectly capable of making both my own podcasts and/or videos, which I've done.

BTW, Google's search traffic, which is the single largest source of Internet traffic in the world, accounts for 6.4% as of Oct 2010 (http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-26/tech … ket-share?)

4. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Why can't Hub Pages offer a Pod Cast - under the same umbrella?  Same advertising?

I agree with Relache I don't like my work being manipulated but wouldn't it be neat to add an option for the author?

With the wave of the mobile devices eventually outnumbering personal computers, this would give our Hubs more feet.

I am concerned about the competitive strength of Hub Pages on mobile equipment - this would provide a broader product offering directly from Hub Pages.

YouTube partnership is very difficult and is not for all authors - a podcast I think would be well received and employed by fellow Hubbers.