jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

HubPages' ranking of "hottest" and "best" Hubs

1. profile image0
    Frank Sanelloposted 6 years ago

Hello!

I just noticed HubPages ranks each contributor's hubs in order of "hottest" and "best."

How does HubPages determine which hubs are hottest or best?

Thanks.

Frank Sanello

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In hot list it shows the maximum contributor of the views list.Means that hubs that are searched most.IN best it will show that have highest hub score

2. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I believe they go off of views and probably if people vote it up. Also I am sure they take data from X amount of time and only use that data.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I don't know either, so I will be coming to look at the answers here from the staff maybe. I have two that are always included in the best hubs, the scores fluctuates from 100 and below..... http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Not-to-Wea … nity-Flops and http://hubpages.com/hub/Feeling-at-Ease … nant-Women (I don't know if I am allowed to post the two)

4. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Though I am not sure, in comparisons of my hubs and those shown under those headings
    BEST appears to be your hubs with the highest scores
    HOT appears to be hubs with the most page views during a certain time period, which seems to be views per week

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with best.

As for hot, I don't think views is the only thing in the equation, in fact I'm almost positive it isn't. Some of my highest viewed are way behind some that haven't gotten near as many.

If you look at my hot list. South Park 10 Funniest Episodes is 2nd and does not have near the views as any of the other South Park hubs. Same with the Tobacco hub, barely any views there either. we're talking hundreds of views in the last week for those and 100 total for the others(been around a lot longer).

166 views for the quit tobacco one
      171 views Funniest south park episodes
      the coon 2 and 3 hubs have 1000 views each

1. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Hot has to do with veiws during a specific period of time not total. Whether that is per day, per week or other I don't know

I'm retarded. I got exactly what it was.

It is views it takes the most viewed hubs out of the last week for sure.

And then from there it ranks those 6 in order of that hubs score. Thats what confused me and made it seems wrong, but I did research and you were right.

5. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I feel hottest is the most popular hub currently experiencing the best traffic and response and the best is the one experiencing the same only over the long term of it's life.

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Though on further review it could be monthly, but then one of my top performers this month is not shown at all, so there could be more to it.

I figured it out, I edited it up there, you were right.

Try what I did and tell me if thats what you get.

once again

last 7 days you take the top 6 hubs. Then take the score of those hubs and it puts them in order them that way.

working