jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Choosing correct Titles for hubs

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

When choosing a title for a hub, lets say for example you have the two main phrases

1) Cooking steak
    2) tips

The title is cooking steak tips (just an example, not my title)

When you use google keyword tool are you actually targeting "cooking steak", "tips", "steak" "steak tips" and the whole phrase itself?

The reason why I ask this is because I have a title that 2/3 gets 135,000 search/monthly, but the whole title only gets 91 monthly. When you write a title are you actually targeting multiple phrases within the title??

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just throw a bunch of keyword phrases in the title, I'm still learning too.

It seems like 3 word combos usually do great for me.

2. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 5 years ago

In google keyword tool you can select whether you want to see exact match, which is just that phrase precisely, or the default, which is any phrase which includes your words.

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

So when you have multiple words then essentially you are targeting multiple keywords and phrases then?

1. kephrira profile image61
        kephriraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking - are you talking about when you are using google keyword tool for research or when you are writintg the actual title?

For the actual title you are optimizing for any words which you include, and any combination of those words. So if your title is 'this title here' that could help you rank for that phrase, or for 'this here title' or for just 'this title' or 'title'.

But you are more optimized for the exact phrase you use than for a variation of it, and for any words or phrases within the title you are better optimized if there a fewer other words. So to rank for 'this title' then 'this title here' is better optimized than 'take a look at this title here'.

Does that answer your question? I have a hub about writing titles for seo if you are interested. You can find it from my profile.

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, sorry if I am not explaining this write. Um, basically I am asking are you targeting search engine traffic from individual words in the title, not just the whole thing.

Another example, lets say you have computer designing skills.

Lets just make up a number and say google keyword tool says there is 50,000 monthly searches for "computer designing" and for the whole phrase "computer designing skills" its only 4000/monthly.

If you made the title computer designing, will you get search traffic from visitors who search "computer designing" even though your full title is computer designing skills....

Sorry if I made this complicated, I don't know how to explain it....I think I already know the answer, but I want to confirm this notion.

3. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

The best free keyword tool is Google Adwords keyword tool.

Ideally, your title(s) would be keyword-rich.

Also though, the titles should be catchy and make sense to the potential reader.

It's a balance between functionality and clarity.