jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Hubbers in Boston?

1. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I'm sure there are - really the question is: What's cool there? What are good places to eat? What's the BEST thing to do in Boston?

I'm going there on a business trip soon (like, tomorrow - LOL), but I have ONE day to do something super-cool and memorable. I want to do at least one good attraction (was hoping for a Whale Watch, but they only run on the weekends in Nov it looks like), and one awesome (but affordable) restaurant.

What do YOU suggest?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image91
      Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey GS I have not seen you for awhile. i hope everything is good with you!

When you are in Boston, Cambridge is very close.

You should visit Harvard Square and tour the Harvard campus.

There is a Natural History museum in the college.

Cagsil is right Quincy Market (Faneuil Hall) is great and there is an Aquarium within walking distance.

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

Bunker Hill, Walden Pond (Thoreau) lots of historical sites,  you can even see the Mayflower in Plymouth.

You can visit me in Fall River.  We have a Battleship Museum and the Lizzie Borden house.   My hubtrails hubs.  lol

TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Arthur! Things seem to be going pretty well smile Looking forward to the holiday season.

Fanueuil Hall Looks AWESOME! Great place for some shopping and good food, maybe before hitting the New England Aquarium for a little while...If the Marketplace doesn't take up all my time - then to the airport by 5:00 PM....LOL not much time, but it looks like I've gotten some great suggestions!

Thanks!

Fall River is over an hour away from where I'll be sad I won't have a car with me - hoping I can depend on the Subway system.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey GS,

You have to visit Quincy Market. It's amazing! smile

I don't live in Boston, but live in Western Mass. I've been to Quincy Market and it was too cool! smile

Cool, Cags - Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're Welcome! smile

I had an awesome time while I was there. I had taken a trip to Boston with a few friends. All different sorts of stores, restaurants and kiosks for checking out.

You'll love the assortment/variety of stuff you can find. Try not to spend too much money. I went home broke. smile lol

I will! I've been saving for a few weeks for the occasion, so I have a little something to spend there. Mostly, I'm looking forward to coming back with cool pictures smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you might get some good photos, because Boston Harbor is around the corner or a few blocks away. smile

3. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I'd go to a museum. Something inside, it's going to be cold.

High of 49°
    Low of 34°

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

There really is far too much.  The museums alone could take weeks. 

I hope it is a nice day.  I forget what the forecast is.

C'mon back for a vacation some time!

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

Try out the Science Museum! It has an Omni Theatre show- the only one existing I THINK. It's like a HUGE globe that surrouds you and it's like $8 you see nature or something and it looks like you're inside the film smile

Thanks schoolgirl! I might not get around to it this time, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for another trip. As someone else mentioned, there really IS far too much!! I'll just HAVE to come back.

working