jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

My Hubs Flagged as OverPromotional...Don't See How

1. Melneer profile image59
    Melneerposted 8 years ago

I published two Hubs back in January.  I never had any problem with them previously in all this time.  Then all of a sudden I get two separate emails flagging my two Hubs as being Over-Promotional....How can that be? The few links I did have were pertinent to the individual article, and there weren't many that I had.

They gave in my emails examples of what "Top Notch" Hubs looked like so I viewed them and all of them had more links than my two Hubs..so what gives?

1. 0
      IMHustleposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I know how you feel, but if your Hubs had more than one link to the same article page, that's probably what triggered the overly promotional flag.

1. sheryl c profile image60
        sheryl cposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I also had two on How is your city and another they said they were sub standerd  all I did was comment on one and gave answers on the other took out words completly ended up deleting one and rewrote it.nothing bad in either of them Thanks Sherylc

2. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Does anyone else smell favouritism or a conspiracy theory afoot?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, not really. 

Sheryl C, I think maybe you're misunderstanding what Hubs are about.  This isn't a question-and-answer site like Yahoo Answers.  This is a place where you write magazine-style articles on subjects that interest you, illustrated with photographs and videos.  Browse around other Hubs and you'll find your Hubs are definitely "sub-standard", I'm afraid - one short paragraph is not a Hub.

If you want to just answer questions, then somewhere like Yahoo is a much better place to do it.  If you want to earn money for answering questions, MyLot is your best bet, though the income is low.  However,  you're not likely to earn any money with such short Hubs anyway.

You can have "tons of links" in a Hub, but they can't all be to the same website, or even to different pages on the same website.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago
  3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Hubs also have to be a certain length, whether or not you are answering a request. They push for at least 500 words.

4. teeray profile image75
    teerayposted 8 years ago

A lot of hubs have a LOT of links on them.

The difference between over-promo and good linking, I believe is in the kinds of sites you're linking to.

I've seen some great hubs with a ton of links - leading to great information and info-sources that would be ridiculous to try to type into hubs (meaning - TONS of high-quality, lengthy stuff).

Then, I've seen some so-so hubs with a ton of links - all leading to little insignificant 'blurbs' or just directly to purchase-product pages or more hype-pages.

I think that the latter kind are the ones that Hubpages considers over-promotional.