jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Title and Summary

1. Jason Courier profile image61
    Jason Courierposted 5 years ago

With your hub you always want to stand out in Google, so more people will visit your hub.

Key factors here are your titles and summaries that you use. I found a great tool that you can use to see how your Google result will look like and how you can format your title and summary in such a way that it won't be 'cut off' by the Google search results.

In combination with the title tuner and your hub keyword stats, you can produce really great, relevant titles and summaries for your hubs that are easy to read for people and might drive more traffic.

Here is the tool to create better titles and summaries:
    http://www.seomofo.com/snippet-optimizer.html <link broken by admin>

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
      SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I am basically uninformed when it comes to stuff like  this. I have bookmarked it and will give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

2. LindaJM profile image83
    LindaJMposted 5 years ago

Thanks - I tried it out. Enjoyed the fun of it. It is good to remember how many characters to use to make titles work right in the SERPs.

3. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago

I hadn't even thought about the length of my Titles. I had a couple that were a little to long and re-adjusted them to be less than 70 characters to sit nicely with the SERPs for reading optimization.

I like the tool to get a look at what everything will look like Thanks for sharing

1. adrienne2 profile image81
      adrienne2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know HP has updated the site. We now can also edit our titles after publishing.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could always edit your title. You cannot edit or change the URL. hmm