jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Tags - Difference between plural and singular?

1. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

suddenly discovered, seems that plural and singular tags generate the same results? Just want to confirm. If so, have to go back to all hubs and fix them, because I don't want to have redundant tags packed there

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

plural tags receive more volumes in searches in Google engine.

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm afraid it may not always be true

2. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I usually add both plural and singular tags IF they are included within the content of the hub. For example, if I said apples, but never apple, then I would not include a tag for apple. I use the tag suggestions, but only the ones that are good.

Interesting suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. thanks!

3. Neil Ashworth profile image60
      Neil Ashworthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A lot of seo guys will tell you that Google can differentiate between plural and singular so there is no major issue unless you are targeting BING which likes to see your url, title and tags all singular or plural..

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Good question. You may want to put these technical types of questions on the Knowledge Exchange forum, choose sub-forum, so you may get better answers faster, and also others will better be able to learn from your experiences. There is a knowledge exchange category specifically for tags, for example.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This is not a straightforward issue:

http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc … lural.html

Thanks a lot, you are always so helpful. I will try the knowledge exchange forum later. My current thoughts are, plural and singular does make difference in search results (though yahoo seems to be different, it always tries to include both regardless of what keyword you use, I kind of like it), yet based on my accident finding yesterday, it is no difference here on hubpages when it comes to tags. Hopefully I will find out a better answer later:)

1. 59
        Patronusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this .

working