Problem with AdSense

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Esuturtingas profile image60
    Esuturtingasposted 13 years ago

Hi, i have a problem, when i'm trying to link my hubpages and Google AdSense accounts i got error message:
    "The specified client identification header results in an ambiguous AdSense account"
    Can someone help me?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Check out the Google help forums, like:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

3. Tylerdurden profile image54
    Tylerdurdenposted 13 years ago

Obviously your using the wrong publisher ID. Don't grab the "Pub" part just the numbers to the right of the dash. You do have an Adsense account correct?

4. profile image0
    Jessie T. Ponceposted 13 years ago

My problem is a bit different from that of Esuturtingas but also on Adsense.  I am a new hubber and is still trying to register with Adsense.  My 6 hubs so far are already filled with advertisements from Google ads and yet my Adsense application was not approved because of "unacceptable site content".  I checked the link given (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_US) to understand which contents in my hubs are unacceptable but can't pin down exactly what's wrong with the contents of my hubs.  Can somebody with a similar experience or a clearer understanding of "unacceptable site content" please help me or at least give me an idea on how to rectify the problem?  Thanks.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have been through this issue numerous times on the forum before. Many hubbers from Asia have reported that this is the only explanation they receive from Google, even though the probable real reason for them not being accepted is Google's policy of requiring 6 months prior web presence by applicants from India, China, and certain other countries. In other words, what you are seeing may be a blanket statement without a precise meaning.

1. profile image0
        Jessie T. Ponceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the quick reply Website Examiner.  Didn't catch that part in the policy statement but 6 months waiting is quite long and is not very encouraging.  It doesn't sound fair that Google ads appear in my hubs but I don't accumulate the corresponding credits for 6 months or until they decide that the "unacceptable site content" - whatever that means - isn't there anymore.

1. WryLilt profile image90
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jessie. WE is right - due to the high level of spam from India and Asia they've had to enforce a mandatory waiting period.

All the adverts that currently appear on your hubs are those run by hubpages - they will be earning money from your hubs.

However look the bright side - if you write quality content for six months and then get approved, you'll likely start out earning a few dollars or even more each month, unlike those of us who remember starting out with 25c a month!

It can take 6-9 months for hubs to properly age to the level where they get good traffic so you'll be at just the right point to see some nice earnings if you put in the hard yards between now and then.

1. profile image0

Hi WryLilt.  Thanks for showing me the sunny side of the situation. I'm not really just after the money but am nevertheless disappointed that I'm not getting what other hubbers do get. I must lay this out clearly to the other Asians I invited to join HubPages so they won't be among the WE who are asking these questions. 

Interesting note about the 6-9 months aging period for hubs.  Will keep that in mind and try my best to write quality content in the coming months.  Cheers.

1. WryLilt profile image90
              WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to add a few more bright sparks to the fire:

►After reading a lot of work from Indian and Asian hubbers, I must say you have almost impeccable English compared to the majority, which is a big plus both for Adsense and keeping your work published here in general.
              ►Based on what you've written, I believe that if you continue you'll do well. Sure you could tweak some things but you'll learn as you go and you've done a great job for a new hubber.
              ►From what I've been told, "travel" related content can earn some nice amounts through Adsense. So if that is going to be your niche, I'm sure you can expect some nice $$$ once your traffic increases and you've gained Adsense approval.
              ►In the meantime you can still use Amazon. They pay by commission on the first purchase made after someone clicks through your link (for instance if someone clicks your link for a washing machine and then buys $300 of photography equipment, you'll get commission on all $300).

The only downside to Amazon is that you're more likely to get sales on 'product hubs' (for instance "Best laptops" or "Great toys for kids") than information hubs (for instance "How to clean your car" or "Best places to visit in Sydney.")

1. profile image0

Alright, you've got me all perked up WryLilt. I admire your supportive and encouraging approach in responding to hubbers' issues. I did get a lot of help from the other hubbers including you in the forums before I was able to produce my initial hubs.

Thanks for the compliment and the additional feedback and tips. I was actually considering Amazon after Adsense broke the news to me and will set it up in a while.

For the meantime, I will have to take a break from writing hubs to focus on my more technical work which actually pays the bills. Will continue following you though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)