I finally reached payout!

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (57 posts)
  1. PurpleOne profile image80
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I've been a member for two years but wrote the majority of my hubs over the last two months after I finally got motivated to do so. $100 is not very much to be honest but it just goes to show that making money online is possible when I really didn't believe it at the beginning! Now I "just" have to try to figure out how to reach payout and beyond every month.

Thanks to everyone on here for their advice and motivation to continue, even if it wasn't directed towards me. If I hadn't kept reading about other people's success stories, there's no way I would have made it!

To those who are still trying to reach their first payout, keep going! If I can do it, you can too!

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations PurpleOne.  I've got a long way to go, but I'm not very focused on it either, so I have no complaints.  Best wishes for continued success.

PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck and thanks! You will reach payout eventually too!

2. David 470 profile image80
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I should be reaching payout quite soon. My earnings doubled last month. Hopefully this month will increase further. I have 3 basic goals for revenue

1) reach payout monthly

2) make 200-600$ monthly

3) final long term goal is to make 1000+

I have created quite a lot of hubs since June 2010 and want to make up to 500+
      I think if your the average person who is not an expert you need 500+ to make 100s of dollars monthly and possibly 1000+

Yes, I agree that even though quality is important, sometimes it just comes down to quantity too. Good luck!

3. L.C. Smith profile image62
      L.C. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the inspirational advice.  I currently have only two hubs published, so I have a long road ahead.  It's good to think of getting a little money as a bonus for doing something I enjoy.

I agree, good luck! We all have to start somewhere as they say and I'm only now at the point where I feel that making decent money online is actually possible but I am not there yet. I look at people with hundreds or even thousands of hubs and am envious!

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

congratulations purple one! great job.  here's to the first of hopefully many more to you.  cheers. smile

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. profile image0

hi diane, hows it going?  its nice to see you again. smile

Hi Steven, it going okay, its nice to see you too. smile
            how are you?

1. profile image0

pretty good thanks.  how about yourself?  what have you been up to lately?

Oh not much, can't wait till tonight I have a very special date lined up.
                Which I think will be fun.    But otherwise nothing much else is going on.

1. profile image0

that's cool.  well i hope you have fun then tonight. im sure the lucky guy is looking forward to it as much as you. wink

Well I know I am looking forward to it , it will be fun just getting to spend time with him, that's all that matters.

5. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is so good to hear. It gives me hope and keeps me motivated as well.

6. profile image57
      ShantiRposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Purple One,
      Congratulations! Well done.

I'm new to all this, so I have a lot of reading and learning to do yet. It's good to know that eventually it can start paying off.

I joined this Hub thing from a Facebook ad that said "Get paid for your writing." But the reality is, it looks like one has to put in a lot of effort with no assurance of pay on Hubs.

I've spent a lot of hours here already, answering questions, writing Hubs and thinking about how to keep traffic rising - in fact, I do this when I should be doing other work (like now!).

So thanks for the feedback and once again, congrats. I hope this is the start of something big for you!

Yes, there is definitely a lot of effort one has to put in here in order to see results - way more than I would have imagined. I just keep trying to write more hubs, learn more and do some experimenting. I really really want to be able to make a decent amount of money on here in the future but we'll see. Good luck to you!

7. tiffany delite profile image74
      tiffany deliteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this is great to hear! i am new to hubpages and still trying to get it all figured out, but there is so much great information on this site that i'm sure before long i will get it all figured out. congratulations on reaching payout! blessings!

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats! smile

Thank you!

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, PurpleOne!
    Yours is yet another success story that hints to me of the importance of a web presence, even if you haven't done very much.
    Thinking of RyanKett and his phenonemol success in very little time after he too joined early but didn't do much for his first year or so.
    I would be interested to know whether you learned about SEO before or after you wrote your new hubs.
    Learning SEO has undoubtedly been instrumental in my own success, but I love the idea that simply having a web presence for a length of time would push well-written articles up in the eyes of the search engines.

Maybe you are right about the web presence thing - something I haven't really thought about but it makes sense!

I would say that I starting learning about SEO before and during the writing of the bulk of my new hubs around two months ago. I became obsessed with learning things and now I can see that I have a ton more to learn. I have hit a wall again though and am finding it hard to churn out new material. My brain hurts! I don't know how some people on here can produce multiple hubs daily. I'm envious!

Thanks!

4. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats!

Thanks!

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! A monthly payout was my original goal.  I've been doing that for over a year now.  Now, my goal is to increase those earnings.  Last month was my highest ever.  Gotta get to writin'!

You are obviously doing very well and I hope to get to your level some day. Congrats to you too and thanks!

6. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, I struggle with motivation sometimes my self, sometimes I really think it is ourselves who hold us back.

Glad to see you maid payout, I'm sure this is a great motivator.

I agree that it is sometimes ourselves that holds us back the most! I find it hard to not censor myself too much and to just write whatever comes to mind. I'm getting better at just letting it flow I think! Thanks!

7. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Congrats.  Getting that first payout is so very validating, and as you continue to do better, you will be even happier.  smile

8. Aya Katz profile image82
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, Purple One!

9. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Well done! The world is your lobster now! or even oyester!

10. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

Well done Purple One, its good to know you can go away and then come back and still make things work for you. One of my hubs hit a score of 98 today, my personal best on a hub. That for me is a great feeling.

As far as payout, not really focused on that but hope to one day. Best wishes for more payouts to you. smile

11. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Well Done, wishing you many more. smile

12. Money Glitch profile image62
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Congrats to you! smile big_smile
    http://i25.tinypic.com/29ql636.jpg

13. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 13 years ago

The first payout is the sweetest so congratulations! smile

14. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Congrats! smile

15. CarolineChicago profile image77
    CarolineChicagoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats!

17. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Congrats and God Bless!

18. CYBERSUPE profile image61

Congrats and God Bless!

19. CYBERSUPE profile image61

Congrats and God Bless!

20. CYBERSUPE profile image61

OPPS!!  Did something wrong. Sorry

21. suziecat7 profile image78
    suziecat7posted 13 years ago

Congrats! That first one feels good.

22. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

lol. okay. i'll meet you there. smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi smile

1. profile image0

hi schoolgirl, hows it going?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
          schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok smile

1. profile image0

that's cool.  so what have you been up to schoolgirl?  smile

23. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats and wishing you for making regular payout. You done it in very short time.

Did you work hard on backlink to your hubs?

Your answer may help and motivate new hubbers.

Thank you! I kept reading about how important backlinking is and made a bit of an effort a few months ago but I don't do it anymore mostly because I haven't been able to figure out where to submit my backlinks. I'm not even convinced that it makes that big of a difference anyway but what do I know?

24. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, Purple One - so glad you made payout! Exciting, isn't it?! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

25. TheWatchman profile image80
    TheWatchmanposted 13 years ago

I made a dollar this month with my 5 hubs! its not much, but im remotivated to start hubbing, and cant wait to watch that dollar grow into the triple digits smile

1. tmbridgeland profile image80
      tmbridgelandposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have about 30 Hubs and have 'made' $2.16 in the last month. Most of the hubs were written without much research into SEO, though I did try to make some of the titles attractive. It is weird which ones attract the most hits.

26. PurpleOne profile image80
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

Thank you to everyone who said congrats. I was not expecting so many! Good luck to everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)