jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

What is the purpose of this ?

1. 59
    Patronusposted 6 years ago

As I explore hubs on different subjects on HP I have found that many hubs have quite a few words displayed in bold. I think they might be keywords.but does it really help to display certain words/keywords in bold ? If yes , in what way ?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Are you referring to bolded titles and subtitles? Each text capsule allows you to have a bold subtitle on it.

Or are you referring to bolded words in the text? There is some conjecture as to whether bolding keywords increases their noticeability with google. However I haven't seen in text bolding used very often for keywords. Most times I've seen it used is when a writer wants to make a particular important point.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could be looking at the bolded words throughout the entire hub. These are found after you have finished editing your hub. You will see at the top of your page a suggest link button. If you click on that you can link to others pages for more traffic and karma points.

1. 59
        Patronusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope . I know the suggest link feature . I am referring to published hubs of other hubbers.

2. 59

It is not about capsules. I am referring to the bold words in the hub text . I have seen these kind of bold words on many blogs/websites but never though that there was any significance attached to it except making them stand out from the rest of the text.But if these bold words are keywords then do they work in positive way for your hub ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No

1. 59

Thanks

smile

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I always use bold text to make my point forceful..

actually most people skim through articles on the net so when you have your points in bold makes for easy reading...

people like top focus on points they like and ignore the rest... I guess it helps to catch and sustain attention.

1. 59

OK . so it is not about keywords ?

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/49633

The above thread may answer some of your questions about highlighting keywords for google.

1. 59

thanks for that useful link

5. Bill Manning profile image73
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Many people bold key words, thinking it is good for SEO. Is it? Some say yes, others say no. I myself think it helps a very little, but not enough to bother with it.

I do bold text when it seems a good idea to do so. Like the date or times of an event, or the event itself. Otherwise I don't bother. smile

1. 59

thanks for the input

smile

working