jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Trading links

1. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago

I have read that trading links with people who have similar, helpful sites is a good idea. And conversely, that Google frowns on such trading. Which is it!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Both are true.

Google isn't completely dumb - if it sees two websites which link to each other, it knows there was collusion and will downgrade the value of the links.

However, if you can arrange to trade links with someone who has several websites, you can be clever - say, I put a link on my website A to your website B, and you add a link on your website B to my website C.

2. jim25 profile image61
      jim25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

In Googles eyes they want to see natural links, however if your competition is beating you hands down, your not going to sit and wait for natural links that will never come are you.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

A one way link will always rater more highly in google's eyes than exchange links.

3. quuenieproac profile image59
    quuenieproacposted 5 years ago

I still cannot find the links when I add them  to my hub. I just submitted one hub, Benefits of Corporate Teambuilding, made
    3 links then where do I see them?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They are there, all right. Hyperlinks are distinct as they are blue. This is an actual screenshot of you hub:

1. quuenieproac profile image59
        quuenieproacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok, finally got it, now only I understand I need to click on the colored words... all the time I was looking  for some sentences to instruct me . 
        Thanks so much to everyone for your kind assistance and  patience with me. Excuse my slow understanding!

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Please read the Learning Center articles, specifically http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/cate … g-traffic/