jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

How do I start getting traffic and get recognized by SE's?

1. Syrusv37 profile image95
    Syrusv37posted 5 years ago

So I'm a first time hubber and I just finished publishing my hub and signed up for Google Adsense. How do I go about getting traffic to my hub and getting recognized by SE's? I'm still pretty new to this, only signed up five days ago, thanks.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

if you want topic which are hot -- then think and write about what is hot stuff  -- celebrities -- but it doesn't earn bec the pay per click is low.

Ms lrohner is right.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image59
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

I've been here just over a week, and I'm really liking the help that Hubpages offers about hubs.  I'm almost ready to read this section of the learning center, http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/cate … g-traffic/

3. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

The big search engines crawl Hub Pages regularly, however I think it's still worth submitting them.

I wrote a couple Hubs that are on my profile page.  Use both and you should have a good start.

4. Syrusv37 profile image95

Thanks. I'll look around, but im getting a bunch of stuff about backlinking and feedlists and stuff i really don't understand just yet. Do I need to go to places like Myspace and Facebook and share links? What's the best way to get a lot of traffic

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The best way to get traffic is to write quality content on topics that people are searching for. Keyword selection is key. The keyword you ultimate choose should not only have a decent amount of people searching for it, you must be sure that your hub is better optimized for the search engines than its competition.

A few backlinks can help, but not if the other factors (keyword selection, on-page optimization, etc.) aren't in place.

5. blackhatworld profile image60
    blackhatworldposted 5 years ago

You are doing just that by joining the Hub community.  Check out my blog blackhatworld.  I believe it has all the information you need.  That site ranks within the 1,000 most popular websites on the internet today.  Stop by and see for your self.

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Irohner said it.  Quality is king, and the rest won't matter or help without quality.  On the other hand, quality will win out in the long run without lots of backlinks or promotion.

As a newbie, my suggestion is to spend 1/2 your time learning about SEO, optimization, RSS feeds etc. and the other 1/2 the time writing.  Post some hubs in the extreme makeover forum and ask for help tweaking them.  Learn, learn, learn.  You're in school again - make use of it.

Search hubs for SEO and optimization techniques.  Read Edweirdo and Darkside as a beginning and go from there.  Learn some more, and write.  Participate in the forums and learn even more.

Above all, don't get discouraged.  It takes time and effort.  There are more than a few hubs written about personal HP experiences, including one I just wrote a few days ago.  Check some of them out and get an idea of what you can expect to happen and when.

7. Syrusv37 profile image95

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure it's not as complicated as it seems, but right now it's all hazy. I've only just finished my first hub and its all original content. Hopefully I'll find ways to drag in more traffic and keep learning. Thanks and if you guys have any more advice, i'm all for it.

8. MimiKat33 profile image81
    MimiKat33posted 5 years ago

Learning about Keywords, SEO, and Optimization can be daunting.  I've found alot of information at the HubPages Learning Center at
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com.  There you will find videos of actual training sessions which you can play and replay for the information.
    I agree, quality hubs will eventually get noticed and it does take some time to figure out what it is about your hub that is attracting the attention.

Good luck