jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Only 1 click paying 31 cents with 10 hubs posted -- help

1. 0
    EMartinposted 8 years ago

Sorry to keep asking for help, but I am a bit confused as to how you ever make any money on this site.  I am not out only to make money; however, I would like to make some.  So far, I have 10 hubs with only 1 click coming in at 31 cents.  It's a bit discouraging.  I have tried adding some of my sites to Stumble Upon and have become a fan  of other hubbers. 

Please advise if possible. I am getting frustrated but trying not to do so.

Thank you.

1. Derrik profile image61
      Derrikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

HI!  I am new also, like you.  If I understand correctly, the way you make money is by adding links to your hubs, probably multiple links, and some hubs may only bring in a little, and other hubs will just explode and catch alot of attention and generate some decent money.  I do not even have any links as of yet on my 1 hub, but it seems like these hubs are like "blogs" in a way, but instead of being online, they are here on the site??  which means that the more people are on the site the better your chances of someone seeing your hubs.  Maybe someone else can shed some light on this for the both of us!  I know one thing, these things take time sometimes, so don't give up!!!  Me either- we need to just keep writing and also learning how to generate money with our hubs!  There are some other forum writers in here that have posts on how to make money with your hubs I think- that is where I am going to look first!  -Derrik

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I'll try to explain this to you as well as I can. When your Hubs get traffic you get impressions on Ad Sense. These them selfs will add up to an amount of money you will get for 1,000 impressions. On top of this every time you get a click you are awarded revenue. It takes a long time with a lot of work to get the numbers flowing. Advertise your Hub with things like Stumble Upon and other bookmarking sites. Don't give up, the more Hubs you make the quicker the money will come in-but remember, you need to keep a good quality to your Hubs and be as original as possible. It really is discouraging at first but you will start making some funds in no time. Check out this Hub for more details on how long it takes to make money:

How I made $1000 a month online?
    ^(using this for the time line of funds and tips for his question, not for promotion.)

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Correction - we are not paid for impressions on Adsense, only for clicks.

The eCPM number is an ESTIMATE of what you would earn if 1000 visitors came by and clicked at the rate your current batch of visitors is clicking.

The ACTUAL amount you earn is the rightmost column in your Adsense display, and is purely clicks times cents per click.

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Derrik, the links that you add to your hub have no affect on the money you make, unless they are affiliate links to buy ebooks or whatever else. You make money by google adsense clicks and impressions, ebay, and amazon.

EMartin, you'll want to keep writing. 10 hubs is great, but write more. Check out popularly searched topics and write original content about various topics that interest you. Try to get more traffic and you'll get more clicks. 2 months isn't long to have been here, so if you just keep at it, you should start making money. Try to write a series of hubs and link them all together, Google likes that. Also, make sure you've signs up with ebay and amazon so thaty ou can start earning from them as well; just make sure that you add relevant products to your hubs. IE if you have a hub about dogs you wouldn't want cat toys featured.  Just keep at it.

And definitely check out the hub that tharanx recommended, as you'll find some great tips such as number 4 "You should always write at least 20 articles on a site before deciding whether or not it is a good site. This gives you a variety of materials for people to view and you should see some money come in from this."

4. 0
    oberbrecklingposted 8 years ago

http://kping.com/ you could ping your site to put your site on other serch engines and remember quality before qaunity ~cool~cya hang in there

5. 0
    oberbrecklingposted 8 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-traf … s?comments       Here is a great hub that can explain it better about the ping and it worked for me now I get outside hubpage visiters `cool~ cya

6. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

The secret is patience, EMartin.  I earned practically nothing in my first 3 months here, in spite of having written about 50 Hubs.  Then the money started to arrive, slowly at first then increasingly steadily.

This month I will receive my first $100 Adsense cheque.

Joining fan clubs and collecting fans is a nice social activity and a boost to the ego, but you won't make any money from it!  Other Hubbers tend not to click on ads.  What you want is readers who find your Hubs on Google and other search engines.   It seems to take a while for them to notice you, which may explain why my earnings took a few months to get started.   

You can boost your traffic by getting links to your Hubs on other sites.   If you include a Youtube video on your Hub, that creates a link to your Hub from Youtube.  If you use a Flickr photo, you could post a comment on Flickr thanking the photographer (and including a link to your Hub).   Think of all the internet sites where you have a profile and add a link to your Hubs on them.  That's about the extent of what I do.

There are all kinds of directories where you can submit links, too, if you want to get really serious - it's quite a learning curve!

1. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Patience, My Friend is a Virtue !!!