Ability to Change Level of Commerialization?

1. Sgscalese profile image77
    Sgscaleseposted 5 years ago

What happened to our ability to choose the level of commercialization on our hubs? There are too many ads on my hubs, and even ads that I do not agree with and that do not at all relate to my hubs. I want them removed, and I want the right to choose the level of ads myself. This is just another example of how we are sinking into a deeper and deeper level of greed. It's always about the money.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You do still have the ability to choose the level of ads.  Those controls have just moved location on the edit page.  Those changes were announced 13 days ago.

And the guidelines for what has to have ads and what doesn't have always been in the FAQ,

Appropriateness of ads is something that depends very much on how you write and tag your Hub, but you can also put in some preferences in your AdSense account settings.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago

You are free to remove ads on any hubs that do not have outbound links on them (such as to your site, blog, or affiliate offers).  Simply hit the "settings" link in the gray box on the right of the edit screen (under the box to add more capsules), then uncheck the "commercial" box and change the ad level to "none."

As I was looking through your account, I also noticed that while you have an AdSense account, it is not associated with HubPages, so you are probably not earning from the ads that are currently displayed.  You should visit the Account Access page of your AdSense account and grant access to HubPages so that you get your share of ad revenue.