jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

make a group rss feed

1. Whitney05 profile image70
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

I can't find where to make an RSS feed on a particular group by an author. I know it can be done, but I can't find the thread where I saw how.

I want all of my hubs that fall in the Pets & Animals category.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There isn't a good way to explain it, other than to show you the format:

hxxp://hubpages.com/author/Whitney05/ topics/pets-and-animals/4046/latest?rss

You are the author, obviously, and then the topic (with the following category number) can be copied from the relevant category page.  You can also change latest to hot or best.

(I've broken the link so that it doesn't shorten itself.  Obviously you need to replace the xx with tt and remove the space just before "topics")

2. Whitney05 profile image70
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Yea, I just kind of fiddled and tried a few things until I found something that worked well enough.

I ended up just using a tag rss site-wide instead though, as I figured it would be updated more often. I just wish we could add a tracker without having to go through yahoo pipes. But, I guess for this case, I just needed a feed that would help update a new blog.

1. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you seen my hub about using tags to create a custom RSS Feed? I know I'm not supposed to link to my own hubs, so if you go to my profile and look under the "best" link you should find it there...

It's called "Promote your older hubs using tags to create custom RSS feeds"

Hope that helps!

1. 60
        Patronusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is a really good hub . I have used the technique in all my hubs . Thankyou