jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Special Characters

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I just finished a new hub, for which I spent a couple of hours taking and editing photos.  In the "source" field, I put my name, and "copyright 2010" using the "c-in-a-circle" copyright symbol (Alt+0169).  It appeared to be accepted, showed up in the field, and was not flagged as an "illegal or unacceptable" character when I hit 'save.'

(I notice there are all kinds of refusals to save and flags and 'warning' messages that pop up all over HP on other things, from wrong characters in tags or 'already used' titles, and other "stuff."  Why not here?  If the symbol cannot be used, it should draw one of those messages, and not just be deleted.)

Upon publishing the article, however, the copyright symbol is missing, and only my name and the year appear.  How do I make it clear these are my photos, not just ones I found and used.

Must I go back and edit to spell out the full word, "copyright?"
    (If so--- then, "Grrrrr!")

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try "©" instead (without the quotation marks).

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Just the fact that you know about alt+xyz puts you way ahead of most folks.

My experience with HP has been that sometimes it “takes” and sometimes it doesn’t.

Try it again with max computer memory available. Other than that, I have no ideas.

Good luck.smile

3. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

Put the mark on the photo itself?

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If that isn't the perfect solution, then I don't know what is.smile

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh..good idea.  I often re-use photos elsewhere, and did not think of that, as I sometimes don't want "stuff" over part of the picture.

That's a super suggestion!  Thank you!

working