jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon question

1. Miss Donna profile image85
    Miss Donnaposted 9 years ago

Hey all,
    I have tried to add specific Amazon ads to my last two hubs, and when I input the ASIN number into the capsule it says noresults found. I'm pulling the ASIN number directly from Amazon.

Any ideas? A glitch? I'm hopeless? smile

Thanks in advance!

Donna

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

In the Amazon Capsule there's four tabs. The first one is "Display Options". You would of course go to the "ASIN Search" tab to paste the ASIN in there, but before you do choose from the drop down box "asin" where it says "Type of search to use to gather results".

I often get caught out with that.

Now if you have done it correctly and you're still not getting the results you're after you *may* be choosing products that are coming from third party sellers.

I've found that books, DVD's and CD's are no problem. But choosing some of the more unique and exotic items is done through an approved Amazon seller. And I don't think the system (or I think they call it API's) isn't geared to include those third parties.

I could be wrong but my experience from trying to choose Star Wars toys, Fridges and Watches I had mixed results. Some wouldn't work, some would.

Miss Donnaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmmmm this may be what I did.  Thank you, I'll check it out!

1. darkside profile image80
          darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Let us know if you get it sorted.

Hey thanks, Darkside, that was exactly it.  Change keyword to ASIN as well.

Many thanks!!

Donna

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Actually there are a lot of products that show on the Amazon when trying to display products by ASIN, even when you make sure the display is set for that.  I have that issue all the time and I find it extremely frustrating.  Some of the best-selling items I'd like to offer just won't display. 

This makes my hubs sad....

2. perfumer profile image58
    perfumerposted 9 years ago

Hi Donna,

Did you activate your amazon account which is available under the tab "my account" and then "affiliate settings" yet?

Perfumer

Yes, I've had an Amazon account for quite some time. Thanks though!

3. lavenderstreak profile image60
    lavenderstreakposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Darkside! I got caught up on this one, too, and came here to the forums for help. You provided the answer. It's always right under our noses. roll

4. belief713 profile image80
    belief713posted 8 years ago

Same problem here, although I will now see if I can fix it. But that also happens with eBay. I've searched eBay a few times and found the exact product(s) I was looking for and then couldn't find it with the eBay capsule using the same keywords.

Kind of off topic, but any idea why or how to fix it?

working