jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Google Adsense Problem

1. jenms profile image59
    jenmsposted 5 years ago

I'm new (well I've had an account for 2 years but only just published my first 2 hubs yesterday) and I can't see any data in my Adsense account for HubPages. I am getting some traffic, but HubPages does not show up in the list. I did add a channel for it. Also, when I linked my HubPages account to Google Adsense, my affiliate ID displays ca-pub-number - should that not be pub-number? I can't figure out why I'm not able to see any data or earnings in my adsense account and hope something isn't wrong. I'm also not accustomed to using adsense - I have it linked to my blog, but that's all (until now.)

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may have!

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It needs 24 hours to show your tarrif.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Are you just using hubpages.com when you set up your channel?

Don't worry about the ca...I think most accounts show that, mine does.

3. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

You published 2 hubs yesterday, correct? I highly doubt you've had any traffic to them and I am absolutely certain you haven't had any earnings. You need to keep writing and give things some time. HP is not instant money. smile

4. MimiKat33 profile image82
    MimiKat33posted 5 years ago

It takes time and the publication of a few hubs to see activity.  Yes the CA shows up for all of us so I wouldn't worry about that. 
    Have you set up Ad Sense for Content as well as Ad Sense for Feeds if appropriate?  Double check that you have the correct Ad Sense ID in the Hub Pages Affiliates section.
    As far as Hub Pages not showing up, it is possible you are getting traffic from other sources, not other Hubbers.

Be patient, it all takes time.

5. jenms profile image59
    jenmsposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies - I'm just now checking back.

I have checked out my Google Analytics reports and I do have traffic to my hubs - it's not a lot, like 100 visits. However, I don't see HubPages showing up at all in my Adsense reports for impressions - I feel like I should being seeing impressions even if no money. Yes, I know it's not "instant money" - I've been doing web design and online publishing for years. I'm just not accustomed to using Google Adsense. I set it up on my blog and have earned a tiny pittance from it but nothing major - I don't use it on my websites. I added a hubpages.com channel and I did one with my  profile URL as mentioned in the hubpages help page.

I am mainly concerned about making sure everything is set up correctly with Adsense so that I don't lose out on any money that my hubs generate. Any ideas what may be wrong, or should I not expect to see any data at all for awhile (even though I know there is traffic)?

6. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

Setting Up Google AdSense Channel for HubPages

Once you’ve been approved and your Google AdSense Publisher ID has been added under your HubPages affiliate settings, you need to be able to track your earnings through your Google AdSense account.

It takes only four clicks to make it happen!

Once you’ve logged into your Google AdSense account click on ‘Google AdSense Setup’.

1. Underneath that click on ‘Channels’.
       2. A little further down click on ‘URL channels’.
       3. Click on ‘Add new URL channels’,
       4. Type in hubpages.com. Make sure it’s ONLY hubpages.com you don’t need in the www (if you put in the www it won’t work).
       5. Click on ‘Add channels’.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/

1. blackjava profile image52
      blackjavaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the information I was looking for. How come that info isn't available in the affiliate area where you set up your adsense ID? I have been published for 2 years and have likely missed a lot of traffic because that info wasn't available.

7. jenms profile image59
    jenmsposted 5 years ago

Thanks - I did all of that. But I don't see Hubpages showing up in my Adsense data anywhere which is why I'm wondering if something is wrong.