jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Using comments from a hub

1. Coming of Age profile image60
    Coming of Ageposted 5 years ago

Are there any rules that would prohibit the use of my own comments, and subsequent reply's from anothers Hubbers Hub?

Since this is already published information it seems to me that as long as proper credit for the other Hubbers replys is acknowledged, then this is no different than quoting from any other published source. I'm not talking about the content of the original Hub, just the comments and reply's....My comments, the Hubbers replys.

1. almasi profile image53
      almasiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know of any rules but I think it might become a problem if the original commenter on the hub was inspired while commenting to create a hub around the issues they were commenting on and they quoted themselves.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

your comments are yours . Yours comments are for discussion between the users. You can also delete your comments

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Your hubs are yours. When people leave a comment and you accept it, then the comment becomes part of the hub.

You can quote the hubber who made the comment, and if you want, provide a link back to your other hub where the comment is at.

You could also anchored the text to that hubber's profile, if you're feeling nice about it.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Comments on a hub, as well as replies to comments, is a form of communication between the parties involved. They are intended for a specific audience. I do not think they are suited for re-publication. If you commented on my hub, I commented back, and you used these comments in your writings, I would certainly mind. If I commented on your hub, you commented back, and you then used these comments in your writing, I would probably find it unpleasant but couldn't very well formally object to that.

4. Karanda profile image84
    Karandaposted 5 years ago

Best etiquette would probably be to contact the Hubber who wrote the original article and let them know your intent and ask them if they want to be acknowledged as Cagsil suggests through a link back to the hub.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good answer.

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

The only time I've ever even referred to someone's comment on my Hub (in other writing or Hubs) has been to quote a line or two or a question, and the say where it came from and why I was writing a new Hub about it.  It's always been non-Hubber comments I've done that with. 

With my own replies on my own Hubs, I often write up a storm and keep a copy in case I want to use it in some way.   smile