jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

A Challange we haven't tried before I think

1. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I Have a challenge for anyone who wants to join in.  I am beginning it November 15, and will carry it through December 15, although through the holidays may make it harder than it would normally be. 
    Here it is---The lower side of the forums main page, where it lists the topics, there are 21 of them.  I challenge everyone to write one hub in each topic for a total of 21 hubs in 30 days.  You can write anywhere within the topic, for example any subtopic is ok, just as long as it is within the main one.
    One last rule, they need to be done in order listed on the forums page, or easier, in alphabetical order.  The first hub will be in the Arts and Design and the last will be in the Travel and Places. 
    Anyone who wants to join me do so and let us all know in the forums.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I have two things to say on the matter-

(a) Good Luck
    (b) I'm not trying it. wink tongue

1. ddsurfsca profile image76
      ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

awww shoot,

I may not be able to complete it myself just because of the holidays and my huge family, but I am going to give it a go just because I thought of it.

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I think it is a really cool idea.  I need to think about whether I'm capable of it, because I tend to be so slow with the Hubs I write!  I might want to try it after the holidays, rather than before, but I'm definitely giving it some thought.  Keep us all posted on how you do with it.  I'll bet you really will inspire others.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Not a bad idea.  As it is, I use forum topics for inspiration for writing (here and elsewhere).  The difference (aside from a set number goal) is that I scan for things that catch my eye and further investigate or discuss in order to "build inspiration".  This would involve the old writing about stuff that may not interest me thing.   hmm   I like the idea and may try it.  I do struggle with the "stuff that doesn't interest me one bit" problem when it comes to my spare-time writing.  Not sure I'd get past that "Arts and Design" one.   hmm

5. Julie2 profile image79
    Julie2posted 5 years ago

ddsurfsca, your on! I am going to try my best to do the 21. I will let you know when I am going to start.

Oh my goodness what am I getting myself into! LOL.

1. Julie2 profile image79
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

does it really have to be alphabetical by category? That would really suck!

6. LindaJM profile image82
    LindaJMposted 5 years ago

I'm doing the 30 in 30 days hub challenge now and will consider doing this when I'm finished (I have a few more days...)

7. WoodsmensPost profile image65
    WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago

ddsurfsca Sounds like a good challenge with

I.- ample time frame
    II.- not to demanding; hub count reasonable
    III.- sensible structure for the challenge
    IV.- incentive to write about a topic otherwise might not write about

* One question have you come up with a unique tag for rss feed?
    example {{-21topics-}} or something of that nature more evergreen

Brainstorming So I might be up for the challenge with you. some of the topics could be tricky for me but I think I can come up with something

Keep us posted and following you ddsurfsca

8. ddsurfsca profile image76

I am also a bit worried about doing this with the time consuming holidays coming up but as far as writing about things that dont interest you, that is where the subtopics come in,   there has to be something in there somewhere that you know and like to write about in each topic.  I thought that would be the interesting part to see where each topic takes you as far as the subtopics go,  It kind of gives you a little room for moving into many directions.  I am going to do it, I dont know exactly when I will start but I am aiming for Nov. 15th I think

9. WoodsmensPost profile image65
    WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago

I am on my 5th hub in the order of topics the next is "education and science". I think I am probably not going to make the 30 day cut off unless I pick up the pace. Because of the holidays I will just continue writing in order until I finish. This really twisted my mind to my thinking but it is keeping me writing on something new. Good luck all and happy holidays!!

10. ddsurfsca profile image76

Well you guys, this is a workout alright, I just finished the Health topic, which is the 12th, and 9 more to go.  I might actually get it done just under the wire.  9 topics and I think 9 days left.  Hope I don't get tripped up with anything else.  It is really challanging my thought process to figure out what to write some of these on, but so far so good./

11. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I absolutely love this challenge idea! Are you throwing it open to do anytime, or was it just for the specified time period. Because I would consider trying it in January.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I"m in too, if you try it later. I read it too late.

12. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

What a great idea! It's likely to make people think outside the box and their comfort zone.

I'm definitely going to try this in future.

13. ddsurfsca profile image76

Well, I missed finishing it on time by only two or three topics.  I did them in order and got finished up through the sports and rec.  It was just too hectic, and my son kept borrowing my computer.  you guys can take it on any time you like, just post in here when you start.  I am going to try it again after the new year.

14. nell79 profile image86
    nell79posted 5 years ago

Just saw this....Hmmmm....sounded like an interesting challenge, but I'm not always so great at writing outside of my comfort zone. LOL