jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can I use short attributed quotes and suggest books in my Hubs?

1. Word Wise profile image62
    Word Wiseposted 5 years ago

I'm new to Hub but have been a published writer for eons.  I love to put an appropriate quote in an article or suggest a book or two for further reading--of course these are books in which I have no financial interests.

I will be most grateful for any help.  I want to start off right with HubPages and respect all its policies.

Word Wise

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amazon capsules are good for suggesting books and I use that method, often combined with a book review. Quotes I use are usually far under 200 words and never over 250, but some authors would like you to contact them for permission even for short quotes. Never hurts to contact them - I've made many friends that way.

Best success to you!

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.

Some hubs with quotes.

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs … mendations

Book recommendations.  I would put the book recommendations in an amazon capsule, so you can earn some $$$!

I would have to say yes to both questions.

3. Word Wise profile image62
    Word Wiseposted 5 years ago

Many thanks to you all for the comments and links!  I'm trying to learn a lot quickly; the Learning Center is one of the best I've come across, but I'm sure I miss some things.  I'm busily working on my first Hub and can't wait to put it out there.  Right now I feel a bit like the new student at school, but this seems such a friendly place, I suspect I'll soon be a active part of the community.

Word Wise

1. couturepopcafe profile image62
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Word Wise - HubPages is just like any other writing outlet.  You can quote anything within legal bounds.  If you cite correctly, do not directly use large parts of someone else's material, and credit authors, you should be ok.