jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Amzon.com .co.uk .ca etc combined feature

1. Andme26 profile image74
    Andme26posted 5 years ago

I did a quick searched on the forums sorry if this has been suggested before.

when you click on amazon .com banner link if you are in a different country you get the option to go to your countries amazon. if you are in uk and click on .com amazon advertises .co.uk

we know that we can only input one amazon code and dont get credited if we sell from the other amazon ca co.uk since they are Different companies don't you think we should be able to get third party commission when we make a sale on the other amazons?.

Do you think Its a good idea for hubpages to push  this with amazon I'm sure they send quite a bit of business to amazon. we and hubages win too.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes it would also enable us to write hubs on british goods and in a british style

2. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This has been raised on several occasions, the big problem is that in essence each Amazon country is a different country, with different product codes. This causes huge issues with creating a combined module, my suggestion is that amazon ads are geo targeted on keywords, however there would be no option for people who want to pick out specific products.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish there was a HP option for more than 1 Amazon account number since Amazon has the different sections in itself.  At least 2 would be good. I know I could use U.K. to go with the U.S. amazon.

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Yes it has been mentioned before.  I believe the staff are aware of the need, and are likely working on a solution, as we speak.

Most large companies that operate websites internationally have a javascript that is able to determine the web surfer's IP address to a fairly accurate degree.  The web surfer is often automatically directed to the local website.  I'm in Canada. The last time I tried Amazon.com, it doesn't do so automatically, but directs you to the local site with a graphic at the top.

You're quite right, it would be to everyone's advantage.  It can certainly be worked out without too much bother.

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I am also looking for an answer to this. I live in the U.S. and have a Hub that is mainly read in the U.K. Main sales would come from Amazon UK, but I only have the Amazon (U.S.)
    The item I want to advertise is available on Amazon.com, but...at 3 times the cost since it would be an import to U.S. customers. I wonder if a U.K. customer would get the U.K. price or the U.S. price in my Ad.
    I know if they see the listed U.S. price they would not buy. lol I wouldn't.
    Hopefully a solution is come up with.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

We are working with Amazon on this and should know more shortly about the best way to implement internationalization of Amazon products.  We'll keep you posted as we figure it out.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!!! Hopefully there will be a solution.

5. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Thanks Paul, we really appreciate it.